The Post Man Cometh

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Rammstein, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Today was a really good day. Not only did I get the parts for my glock that I ordered, but I also got my new paddle holster from Comp-Tac.

I wake up to go get breakfast and my roommate says "hey...you got a couple of packages."

I have to say that I am glad that GlockParts.com put gp.com as their return addy. Keeps the curious roommates at bay.

So, today was the first time that I broke down my Glock to detail level. I put in a extended mag release, extended slide stop, a smooth style trigger, and a LWD 3.5 connector. I have to say that that new connector is the bee's knees. Now all I have to do is get some metal polish and polish all of the contact parts.

As for the new holster....man it is nice. It is so nice to not have to put that Glock inside my pants. This is a whole new level of comfort, which unfortunately, I won't get much use of while I am here in Statesboro.

2. Foul

Foul New Member

Usually my mail "person" looks like a punching bag due to all the misdirected mail the lazy bum delivers/doesn't deliver.
    But sometimes, every now and then, he/she gets it right and delivers a package from AIM surplus or Cheaperthandirt and winds up looking like Santa Claus instead.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yes.

Problem? 8)

4. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

The 3.5 connector only lowers the trigger pull to 4.5lbs from 5.5lbs. It's not a "hair trigger".

I'm not a big polishing guy. It looks nice but I didn't see the results folks on the internet claim. The best thing I've done is stone the contacting areas on the trigger bar to get out the machining burrs and ripples. Basically, to speed up the breakin period. Other than that my Glocks are stock. I think alot of folks want GLOCKS to be 1911's which they never will be. I like them because they are reliable and are made for abuse .... I haven't clean my gun in over 3K rounds and probably 3K dry firing and that also has improved the trigger.

You'll love the CompTac holster. I have several. I use the locking paddle in USPSA/IPSC. Their paddles are the best that I've found. If you have problems, you can heat up the holster on the oven then form the issue area with your fingers. Use AL foil to protect the areas you don't want to affect.