Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were against the New Deal and its wholesale buying of pauper votes, then you were against Christian charity. If you were against the gross injustices and dishonesties of the Wagner Labor Act, then you were against labor. If you were against packing the Supreme Court, then you were in favor of letting Wall Street do it. If you are against using Dr. Quack's cancer salve, then you are in favor of letting Uncle Julius die. If you are against Holy Church, or Christian Science, then you are against god. It is an old, old argument. - H.L. Mencken
It's an old, old argument indeed - and one, despite its evident fallaciousness, still widely wielded and fallen for. If you are against trade restrictions, you are against workers and high wages. If you are against minimum wages, you are against the poor. If you are against paid family leave, then you are against families. If you are against Obamacare, then you are against affordable health care. If you are against government-set safety standards, then you are for letting people be poisoned and slaughtered indiscriminately...
Full post here: https://fee.org/articles/the-oldest...e-book/?utm_source=zapier&utm_medium=facebook

I'm so glad this rhetorical trick is never used here at GPDO. :)

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
Ahhh... the old "false dilemma" logical fallacy.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
If you are against the Hearing Protection Act, then you are against hearing. :-D

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
Speak up, youngster, I can' hear youuuuuu!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts