The Masquerade?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Quest50, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

My girlfriend wants to drag me to a concert at "The Masquerade" in Atlanta. I did a search and could only find pre-SB308 threads involving this place, so here's the question again: To carry or not to carry? I'm quite positive it's legal, but how's the security at this place?

2. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Went and saw Hank 3 a couple months back. there was security present but no wanding or searching. That was pretty wild one If I was going to carry it would be pocket carry where there wouldn't be problems with people knocking into you or chance you get caught in a thick crowd and people bumping into a holstered gun...that problem depends on who's playing as to how rowdy it gets.

3. 69953

69953 Guest

The Masquerade is a club, according to their alcohol license, and is therefore Not legal to carry.

etax.dor.ga.gov/ALCOHOLRETAILER/SearchResultsList.aspx

I used to live near there and I've been there plenty of times before I carried. However, it's a sketchy area, and wouldn't want to walk around that area without carrying these days.

4. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

yes no food just music and a bar so I'd deep conceal if you do.

5. C.H.U.D

C.H.U.D New Member

I go to the Masq frequently. I always carried concealed. Never been searched except at a GWAR concert which is pretty standard. They only make sure you are not wearing a wallet chain or spikes. They usually have an APD officer outside but no search. They do serve food but not enough to count. Walking from the parking lot to the club you encounter some crazies. CC is CC :righton:

6. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

I've known the owners for almost 30 years. They do not want your guns there. One is a gun owner, the other two I am not sure of.

Deep conceal. I do.

7. 69953

69953 Guest

Everyone makes their own choices regarding carry, but Let's not endorse or advise breaking the law here, friends. I did not mean to imply that in my earlier post.

8. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

Looks like I'll be leaving the 1911 at home then. Of course, I'd never break the law out of concern for my own safety and deep conceal a Ruger LCP. :shattered:

Thanks for the heads up, guys.

9. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

i saw hank 3, assjack, and lucky tubb last summer. best damn show ive ever been too. hank just plays, and plays, and plays.....

10. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!! :righton:

11. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Have they let a single person carry (employee or not) since SB308 was passed? If so, it's open to everyone as far as the law is concerned.

12. Atlanta777

Atlanta777 New Member

They dont really check you at the door for shows but I know the security there tend to act real uptight so if they did find you carrying it would probally become a big ordeal.

Parking is barely half a block away and its tons of police around there.

13. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

I find it very saddening that so many (GCO members included) are advocating and/or advising breaking the law. I thought the whole point was that we were "Law Abiding".

So, why bother getting the laws changed at all?

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Life is more important than illegal laws, especially misdemeanors. Think Dr. Hupp. That is all.

15. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

The parking lot next door is pitch black, IIRC. Be aware. Have fun - that is one crazy place (for all I remember :wink: ).