The lesser of three evils?

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Adam5, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Looking at the 3 main front runners for the White House in '08, who do you consider the lesser of the 3 evils? Clinton, Obama, or Guliani?

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Simple answer: Don't vote evil at all.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm hoping that Duncan Hunter can make up ground and get the Republican nomination.

4. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Yup, Hunter is the one. His poll numbers seem to be pretty good.

5. john

john New Member

HOW ABOUT NEWT!!!!

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Personally, I like Newt, but I feel that he's waiting until too late to get in the game. He's mae it clear that he will only enter the race if there is no front runner. Now is the time to enter the race, not this fall.

7. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Ill vote libertarian

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

:righton:

9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

The lesser evil? I really don't know because I don't know enough about Obama. The greatest? Clinton.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

11. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

i would vote for him, but why would he take the pay cut and put up with the abuse :shock:

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I have heard similar alot recently. Why would any sane person want to be paid less and go through the dirty process of an election then 4 years of everybody discussing the smallest of items like a slight slip of the tongue, etc. ?

13. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

As a sacrifice and service to their country, that's why. Not to mention a permanemt place in history, fame, and power. Don't forget the ability to move policy in a direction that they personally would like it to go.

14. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

i just watched him on fox sunday,seemed like he might could be convinced :wink:

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thompson will be on Hannity's radio show this afternoon.

16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

From Clayton Cramer:

Yes, I would prefer to have the next president be someone that shares my religious beliefs--I would rather have someone who voted the right way, even if he wasn't terribly loud about his beliefs, instead of someone who makes quite a loud noise of his or her Christianity--and consistently supports an anti-Christian agenda. (There are several Democrats in that category at the moment.)

Now I see this press release from Focus on the Family saying that Dobson was misquoted:

Well let's see: is Dobson backpedaling? Or was he quoted out of context by a reporter? From my own experiences over the years (including a reporter making up a quote that said exactly the opposite of what I said in a public meeting), I guess I'll lean to the latter explanation.

I agree with Dobson far more than I disagree with him, and I respect him quite a bit. That same press release also indicates that Dobson has pressed Newt Gingrich (who is apparently Dobson's preference) to explain his really loathsome treatment of his first wife. (Serving divorce papers on your wife while she's hospitalized for cancer--oh, that's classy!) I think very highly of Newt Gingrich--smart as a whip. But he's a lightning rod with respect to the left's hatred of him in a way that Sen. Thompson is not.

At least for the moment, I'm backing Thompson.[/quote:2n4xcccp]

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

My guess is that Dobson's real problem has to do with his antipathy toward the church of Christ rather than any plausible claim that Thompson is not Christian.

Here is Dobson's "How to Become a Christian" page, which, like most denominational groups, urges people to recite the "Sinner's Prayer." There are no conversions like that in the entire New Testament, and so churches of Christ do not teach that.

The Sinner's Prayer, Is It Biblical?

My guess is that Dobson has a theological bone to pick with Senator Thompson because the Senator rejects manmade pathways to salvation.

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Aren't they all man-made? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.