The laws that govern self defense in Rockdale

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by shamalama, Jan 14, 2011.

1. shamalama

shamalama New Member

The Rockdale County Library will host a discussion on the laws that govern self defense. This presentation will be done by RCSO and is open to the public. The date for this will be Thursday, January 27th at 6:30 PM.

2. nitrogenated

nitrogenated Active Member

Has RSCO ever held something like this before, or is it more a response to recent events such as the Ingles shooting? Sounds interesting but I have class at that time and probably won't be able to attend.

3. shamalama

shamalama New Member

I believe this is something that's been discussed for awhile, not in response to anything. We have this, a basic firearms class, and maybe a "how to get a GWL and how to act afterward" class.

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

5. Shorty4T

Shorty4T New Member

RCSO Presentation on Self Defense Laws at the Library

I spoke to RCSO Lt. Mike Sellers today about the presentation at the library next Thursday, January 27th. Lt. Sellers mentioned that they will discuss the process for obtaining a Georgia Weapon License (GWL), the laws that regulate the GWL and general self defense practices (self awareness, etc.).

Lt. Sellers noted that those interested should be at the library by 6:30 PM. There is no sign up for this event as originally noted. This presentation is open to the public. This is simply a discussion forum, not a hands on class. None the less it should be an informative presentation.

I also spoke to Lt. Sellers about handing out Georgia Carry (GCO) information. For those of you that are GCO members that know the law please let me know if you can help pass out brochures. I’ve also invited GCO Director Jerry Henry and GCO Recruiting Director Tim Parker, they are checking on their schedules to see if they can attend.

Sam

6. shamalama

shamalama New Member

The library is a government building, so dress accordingly. And don't forget your Orange Buttons.

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Its a shame you can't even carry a gun to a presentation on self-defense. After all, that is a failure to defend yourself, being unarmed.

I'll have to boycott that one.

You should wear an empty holster in protest, shamalama. :D

8. nitrogenated

nitrogenated Active Member

I've let my family and friends know about this and there was some interest,but I will be stuck in organic chemistry this evening and thus unable to attend