Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/26/do ... index.html
Bottom line: Our pooches cost the Earth more than a Toyota Land Cruiser. According to the Vales' research, a medium-sized dog has twice the impact of driving the luxury SUV 10,000 miles. Why? "Basically dogs are bad for the environment because they are large carnivores, so it takes a lot of land to provide their foods," says Robert Vale.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Idk about carbon footprint, but I have a dobie and a shepherd that cost me $60 a month in food. The shep won't last much longer :/ he is a 15yo retired police k9 with ear problems, arthritis, and everything else. I just can't bring myself to put him down.

:(

Anyway, regardless of footprint, I have no issues with uninvited guests!!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Typical libtard's argument, to state a statistic or position on something, making the leap that the something is a detriment, and assuming everyone agrees with the assumption.
[Yes, I am cross-threading] :wink:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Sorry... (not really to be completely honest...)
but my dogs and my guns... come and get 'em at your own peril...
and I don't give a puppy poop how big the carbon foot print :screwy:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
To the authors of that study and to CNN for spinning it......

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
lostprofit said:
To the authors of that study and to CNN for spinning it......

:D :D :D :D :D
I couldn't have said it better myself :righton:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I value my dog far more than the author's opinion. As someone said above, try and take her. The result will be more global warming than they bargained for.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
And if we wait until the very last paragraph of the article, we get to the crux:

Just like you can buy carbon credits when you take a long-haul flight, you can try to balance out your dog's impact by making some changes of your own. If you don't want to give up Fido, maybe you should give up meat or your car instead. Of course, smaller changes or buying carbon credits can help, too.
It is a scam, plain and simple. These "enviromentally conscious" people are bilked into buying "carbon credits". What the heck is a "carbon credit" anyway, and who buys them?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
A "carbon credit" is a way for someone to assuage the guilt which has been instilled in them for being alive.
:screwy:

It's also an attempt to make others pay for right to exist.
Who is John Galt?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Verbal101 said:
It is a scam, plain and simple. These "enviromentally conscious" people are bilked into buying "carbon credits". What the heck is a "carbon credit" anyway, and who buys them?
The "Carbon Credit" is a piece of paper much like a stock certificate. You would buy and sell carbon credits on an New York Stock Exchange type market much as you would stocks.

Of course, you'll need to create a big, bloated government infrastructure to administer and regulate such a market. You will also need software and computers to manage such a market. To no one's surprise, such companies already exist and have patents and the like on file. Guess who invested heavily in such a company? Guess who is a 10 percent owner in one?

Wait for it....

Al Gore.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Sounds like the star naming scam.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Did Al learn that one from Michael Chertoff.... or teach it to him ?? :screwy:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I highly recommend watching this whole episode on Netflix if you have it. Al Gore owns the company that he pays carbon credits to apparently. NSFW because of bad language.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts