the house gun

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by gunsbillygun, Feb 20, 2007.

1. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

if you like shotguns for home protection, you got to check this out. www.housegun.com

2. Montieth

Montieth Active Member

That's gonna loose you velocity since the wadding will no longer check the gases in the barrel before it leaves the barrel. I'll stick with my 20" Mossberg 590.

Oh, if want to intimidate them I'll fix the bayonet. :wink:

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Will this device actually cause the shot to penetrate less compared to a normal barrel? Seems like the velocity would be the same but the pattern would be more dispersed?

:banghead: No, no, NO! They aren't ILLEGAL... they are more restricted!

4. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Yeah, I think that I'll keep shooting my 590 stoked with 00 Hornady Tap...for a tight shot...why would I want to spray an entire room?...and where did the rule of knowing your target and beyond go? If you spray a room, someone that doesn't need to be hit will be hit.

5. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Ballistically, this thing is a joke. Modern powders still require 10-14" of barrel to burn completely. Thus by venting around the wad before then, you are losing a great deal of velocity. With the mouth that wide, the wad will be tumbling when it comes out. I would think a better design would be some porting around 12 to 14" down the barrel (with perhaps even a little necking resembling choke) that might shave a little wad, braking it and taking it out of the picture. Then open up the end like a tuba, with perhaps even some imperfections in the barrel to get the shot started bouncing around and hitting each other.

6. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

i just thought the thing was funny thats why i posted it.