The Gun Shop (Savannah, GA)

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by gsusnake, Nov 2, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Man, what a nice place.

Really small, not a whole lot of inventory at the moment but the guys behind the counter said they could get just about anything. They're also fixin to move in January or February to a bigger location on Eisenhower.

I left a stack of flyers and cards, and one of the guys (who is also a member here) who said he couldn't find us at the show last weekend said he'd be sending in his application.

Two great, knowledgeable guys and a very friendly atmosphere. I stood there and talked guns for a couple hours and from what I could see in the cases the handgun selection (what they had) was VERY nice. Sig, Kimber, Glock, and Springfield.

2. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

I'm very good friends with one of their guys. They do need more room for more inventory for walk in stuff. They do a lot ordering for customers, and I think they have a guy that is really into long range rifle shooting.

3. strycnine

strycnine New Member

Nice folks at The Gun Shop.

4. Hawkdriver

Hawkdriver Member

I enjoy my visits there.

Cayton is great to work with and goes out of his way for the Military Joes there.

Sometimes if I can find ammo or a part for a few less pennies somewhere I talk to him first. Service to me is worth more then a few dollars less and a headache if something isnt right.

5. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Guest

Kayton recently (June) purchased the place after working there for the previous owner (Ricky) for years.

Kayton is a bench rest shooter as someone else noted.

Also, Lee that works there part time is a retired Coatie and one of the most knowledgable AR15 guys i have ever met.

Also as someone else noted if they don't have it they will order it and their pricing reasonable not sticking with Mfg List Price.

6. CoastieN70

CoastieN70 New Member

Very Kind words Jim, Thank-you...

The plan is to move in Jan/Feb time frame to a much larger store, we should (at the very least) double our sales floor space. Kayton has some nice plans for expanding the accessories inventory.

As a note to members here that may plan on stoping by the store (and for those that visit or have visited), we mark all our new guns at MSRP and charge MSRP if YOU don't ask for a better price. We used to mark our bottom line price but lost sales because customers either though that we were selling only like new used guns (thought the price was too low) or got PO'ed when we couldn't come lower on the price. We still loose some folks that are too shy to ask for a better price but you can't win 'em all. And we only quote MSRP over the phone. Just a little FYI...

7. legacy38

Be sure to call him "Uncle Coastie" and ask for advice on all life matters. He's not limited to just ARs, and he loves to relationship advice to wayfaring males that can't figure out wimmin (spelled that way on purpose). :)

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'll be up in Pooler tomorrow; may stop by.

9. gtg947h

gtg947h Member

Any updates on the move? I'm interested in making a purchase or two, but I want to make sure I go to the right location...

thanks!

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I think it's spelled "womyn". That way, there's no "man" involved or needed.

Fortunately, not all women feel the need to exclude "us guys" from their lives...

Very damn fortunately!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And, of course, there's every man's number one fantasy.....: [​IMG]

Good, but can't compare to (fill in the blank_______________)!

11. legacy38

The spelling I used is a running joke that would be easily recognized by Coastie.

12. gtg947h

gtg947h Member

Just putting in another plug for these guys... my wife and I were there today shopping for carry guns; they helped me pick out a new Taurus and my wife got a 1956 Chief's Special. They were very patient, answered all of our questions, and were very nice and friendly the whole time, with lots of good advice. I'll definitely be visiting them again!

13. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

My girlfriend and I were in there around 2 today, talking to Lee and Katon. Were y'all there around that time?

Word is, they're moving in March.

They nearly sold her on a Galco concealment purse... looks like I've gotta start saving for a birthday present!

14. CoastieN70

CoastieN70 New Member

gtg947h and Lovely Bride and GSUSnake and Lovely GF just missed each other by about 10 minutes at The Gun Shop

I very much enjoyed visiting with y'all and we cretainly appreciate your business.

Mrs gtg947h got a real fine, near mint S&W Chief's Special pre Mdl36 as her soon to be carry piece. I think we ruined her right off the bat, no second best for her. :lol:

Lee