The Freedom to Serve Without Fear Act

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Xiclotl, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_17138351
    "Knows"? So, in this case, ignorance would be excusable? Maybe someone should tell the Congresswoman how successful all those "Gun Free Zones" are. :screwy:

2. moga

moga New Member

I doubt the bill is going to get far. Richardson's bill is the embodiment of a knee-jerk reaction. Murder is already on the list of prohibited acts, after all. This is nothing more than gun control by another name and I doubt it'll trick very many in the gunshine state.

Surprise, surprise:

http://www.ontheissues.org/CA/Laura_Ric ... ontrol.htm

3. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Well, the Republicans have control of the house now. If any gun control legislation passes I'm blaming you guys :).

4. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

I love the spin on these bill names.

The Freedom to Serve Without Fear Act = The Lowly Serfs Are Not Responsible Enough to Carry a Weapon in the Presence of an Exalted One, Even Those Already Licensed to Do So Act

5. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Broad is your brush. :?

6. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

100 feet huh..... ok, i see that they mean business now!

7. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

The new "Public Gathering" law; only now it's Federal. :censored:

8. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

[​IMG]

9. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

Haven't you learned yet? A politician is a politcian is... well, you know the drill. As politicians, Republican or Democrat, they will do whatever is politically expediant at the moment.

10. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

I thought I was obvious in my sarcasm in my original post. When that wasn't enough, I figured a big picture of a brush would make it obvious. I was apparently premature in drawing that conclusion.

I was joking!

11. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

You may be kidding, but just with all humor, there is truth in it.

If Republicans did pass more gun control on the Federal Level, I would be very upset, but at least I don't have to feel guilty about it, as I vow to never vote for another dead elephant RINO for the rest of my life. It wouldn't be my fault. :D

12. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

lol I know! Mine was somewhat tongue-in-cheek as well. Of all people to ask: "Haven't you learned yet?" I was being a smart alek.