The Final Inspection

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

A friend posted this on Facebook.

2. MyFred

MyFred Banned

Yeah, I've seen this lots of times....and it still resonates and makes me proud to have served. There are so many brave Americans from all wars that have served even though they would rather have done other things with their lives. A lot of them are scattered amongst cemeterys all over the world. A lot of them will never be found. They died lonely deaths doing what was asked of them. A lot of them come home broken, both physically and emotionally, and challenged to continue living. A lot of them come home with flags draped over their coffins. I can imagine somewhat the fears and horrors that they endured as they stood in front of the British army, charged up Mount Suribachi, waded ashore at Normandy or tried to keep themselves afloat on a flaning sea as their ship sank. I can only imagine a little. Most of us never know how much we really owe them. Please, let us never forget.

3. seereus

seereus Active Member

It's almost as if they no longer teach history in schools.

4. MyFred

MyFred Banned

It's a modified history that they indoctrinate our children with now!!

5. seereus

seereus Active Member

History to me is opening my mothers safe, and gazing upon my fathers Asiatic Pacific Theater Ribbon.

.......and knowing the sacrifices that those brave men had to endure in order to receive it.

6. MyFred

MyFred Banned

Yes, we all owe so much....and most have forgotten.... :(

7. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Thank You for posting this.

And a giant THANK YOU!! to all those who have served both past, and present, and those who plan to do so in the future.

8. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

Great post Adam5!!! I've not read this before but I'm sure it fits easily into anyone that has served in the military. People need to remember that its the men and women that serve our country are the ones who help us keep our liberties and freedom. Not a day goes by that I don't think about them, my dad, or my friends who till this day have been fighting in the sandbox. It makes me proud to be an american.