The Few, The Proud, The Marines

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by slabertooch, Sep 12, 2007.

1. I like it, vote away

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No way, It is a Credo, not an ad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh, Deal with it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Don't like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Got this in my work email today, not sure yet how I feel about it.

2. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Got that email like last week as well. Already voted for it.

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

What he said... :up:

4. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Dang NMCI, only a week late, networks must be running fast today.

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

uhhhh.... We're on the same NMCI network dude... :lol:

6. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I would propose: Be All You Can Be in the alternate. It's more inclusive, self-actualizing, and deeply rooted in asset based thinking, rather than deficit based thinking.

7. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

My personal opinion ..... Army Strong is a much much better slogan than the Few and Proud.

We'll see if the Army can use it effectively.

8. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

I do have to say that I love the fact that the Marines are the only service on that list. Guess Army Strong! wasn't that strong.

I will say that the best commercial I have seen though was the Navy SEALS one called footprints

9. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I think the army should have kept "Be all that you can be." rather than "Army strong". But I do admit they needed somthing new. The "army of one" flopped hard.

10. M249

M249 New Member

Army of One sucked, but Army Strong is growing on me. I think the same asshat who gave the Ranger's black beanie to the entire Army is the same guy who approved of that lame "Army of One" self-help, feel-good crap.

The Few, The Proud, The Marines is an excellent slogan.

11. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

The Marines are very effective advertisers, that's for sure. It's basic marketing appeals, except the "only good for a limited time!" part of the pitch.

I picked something else, though. None of the Alcohol or Drug ad taglines, of course.

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I like "Just Do It."

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

oh...and the slogan "An Army of One" was gayer than AIDS.

14. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

They say the best recruiting tool the Marines have is the title... Marine. My brother is a Marine Corps recruiter. When all the other branches cut loose for the day at 1630 (4:30pm). The Marines are holding tight. They say on the job till damn near 2200 (10:00pm). They get more than there worth out of those recruiters. That's why the Marines have never miss quota in the last few decades. Only in 2005 for two months the Marines were behind as a whole from what I understand. With that being said I did my time and i'm out and very proud of it. Can't take any of that away.

15. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Oohrah

The other effective recruiting tool is the Dress Blues, in my opinion, we have the best dress uniforms.

Like we say, the ugliest guy in the world could get some play, as long as he is wearing Dress Blues.

[​IMG]

16. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I noticed the survey profile is beginning to look like the Global Warming hockey stick plot... I wonder if there's a causal relationship to go along with that correlation?

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The sword might get you arrested in some places, though.

18. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:lol:

19. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

:-k I wonder how that would play out in court... It's considered issued military gear, and at times part of your uniform. That's an intresting thought.

20. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

A buddy of mine got married and we all got dressed for the wedding detail, after the reception we all went out in town with full gear, including swords, in downtown Charleston. No problems what so ever, and we didn't wait in line at the club. :)