Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this in my work email today, not sure yet how I feel about it.

Dear Marine Corps Family,

"The Few. The Proud. The Marines." is more than just a slogan. These three sentences represent who we are, epitomizing the challenge of becoming (The Few), and the reward of being (The Proud), one of the elite (The Marines). Suffice it to say, Few slogans convey such a Proud tradition.

Our tagline has been a foundation in the Marine Corps for over thirty years. Now we have the opportunity to immortalize these words into America's civilian culture as well. "The Few. The Proud." has been nominated BEST SLOGAN for the Madison Avenue Advertising Walk of Fame. The Marine Corps joins a list of 26 other brands that will compete for entry based on total number of votes received online at http://advertising.yahoo.com/advertisingweek_07/slogan_poll.html

Whether you are one of the few and the proud, or simply one of the faithful to those who bear the title United States Marine, we ask that you browse to the URL: http://advertising.yahoo.com/advertisingweek_07/slogan_poll.html to vote for the slogan that has meant so much to so many. If you have Internet access in more than one location, you can vote more than once, so remember to vote from home, work, the library, and anywhere else you can find a computer!

With a dedicated constituency of active, former, and civilian members of the Marine Corps, strength of message, and patriotic nature of our institution, we are confident a concentrated effort will deliver "The Few. The Proud." into the hall of fame, establishing it in its rightful place among elite American brands.

We thank you for your support!

Marine Corps Recruiting Command
MCRC Advertising Department
3280 Russell Rd, Quantico, Va 22134

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
ls1ssdavid said:
Got that email like last week as well. Already voted for it.
What he said... :up:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang NMCI, only a week late, networks must be running fast today.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
slabertooch said:
Dang NMCI, only a week late, networks must be running fast today.
uhhhh.... We're on the same NMCI network dude... :lol:

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
I would propose: Be All You Can Be in the alternate. It's more inclusive, self-actualizing, and deeply rooted in asset based thinking, rather than deficit based thinking.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have to say that I love the fact that the Marines are the only service on that list. Guess Army Strong! wasn't that strong.

I will say that the best commercial I have seen though was the Navy SEALS one called footprints

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Mike from Philly said:
My personal opinion ..... Army Strong is a much much better slogan than the Few and Proud.

We'll see if the Army can use it effectively.
I think the army should have kept "Be all that you can be." rather than "Army strong". But I do admit they needed somthing new. The "army of one" flopped hard.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Army of One sucked, but Army Strong is growing on me. I think the same asshat who gave the Ranger's black beanie to the entire Army is the same guy who approved of that lame "Army of One" self-help, feel-good crap.

The Few, The Proud, The Marines is an excellent slogan.

·
Registered
824 Posts
The Marines are very effective advertisers, that's for sure. It's basic marketing appeals, except the "only good for a limited time!" part of the pitch.

I picked something else, though. None of the Alcohol or Drug ad taglines, of course.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
oh...and the slogan "An Army of One" was gayer than AIDS.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
lsu_nonleg said:
The Marines are very effective advertisers, that's for sure. It's basic marketing appeals, except the "only good for a limited time!" part of the pitch.

I picked something else, though. None of the Alcohol or Drug ad taglines, of course.
They say the best recruiting tool the Marines have is the title... Marine. My brother is a Marine Corps recruiter. When all the other branches cut loose for the day at 1630 (4:30pm). The Marines are holding tight. They say on the job till damn near 2200 (10:00pm). They get more than there worth out of those recruiters. That's why the Marines have never miss quota in the last few decades. Only in 2005 for two months the Marines were behind as a whole from what I understand. With that being said I did my time and i'm out and very proud of it. Can't take any of that away.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oohrah

The other effective recruiting tool is the Dress Blues, in my opinion, we have the best dress uniforms.

Like we say, the ugliest guy in the world could get some play, as long as he is wearing Dress Blues.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
I noticed the survey profile is beginning to look like the Global Warming hockey stick plot... I wonder if there's a causal relationship to go along with that correlation?

·
69,733 Posts
slabertooch said:
Oohrah

The other effective recruiting tool is the Dress Blues, in my opinion, we have the best dress uniforms.
The sword might get you arrested in some places, though.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
slabertooch said:
Oohrah

The sword might get you arrested in some places, though.
:-k I wonder how that would play out in court... It's considered issued military gear, and at times part of your uniform. That's an intresting thought.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A buddy of mine got married and we all got dressed for the wedding detail, after the reception we all went out in town with full gear, including swords, in downtown Charleston. No problems what so ever, and we didn't wait in line at the club. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts