Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a problem that I need some advice with.

When one of my roommates (I have three) came back from spring break on Sunday she brought a dog with her. The conversation went something like this:

Me: oh, who's dog is that?
Her: ours.
Me: ours?!
her: well, mine.
Me:......

Fast forward to Monday morning when I am woken up by barking. The dog barked for 5 hours with about two ten minute breaks. I think it barked more just to spite me after I told it to shut up.

This morning it woke me up again.

Some other pertinent info is that she didn't ask any of the other roommates if it would be ok to bring a dog in, nor is she going to pay the $300 overall and $20 monthly pet fee.

After talking to the other roommates last night I asked her today why she didn't ask anyone else in the apartment. Her response was: well I told Alex. I wanted a clarification so I asked her if she asked him about the dog or told him about the dog. She says she told him not asked him.

Which brings me to my current situation.

I don't want to be woken up every morning for the rest of my lease. It is not fair to the rest of us that we have to deal with her stupid dog because she lets it run loose in the apartment. The other night I came into my room and the dog was under bed. I had to check to see that it didn't use my room as a bathroom, which btw it already has done in a different room.

So how do I approach this? My gut reaction is to tell her she has two days to find the dog a new home before I go to the office to make sure it gets removed. However, I know if I do that it is going to create tension between her and the rest of the roommates since they feel the same way I do.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

It is a four way lease so no one is kicking anyone else out. Because of that, whatever expenses she may incur from having the dog are solely her responsibility.
Whatever happens I do want the dog to find a good home. I'm a dog person, but just not this dog.

Taler, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I am more upset over her not asking anyone about bringing a dog in then being woken up. Sage advice. I'll approach the subject with her in a non-accusatory and non-threatening way.

And I didn't even tell you about the time she brought a kitten into the apartment (w/o asking anyone) and she had the gall to put the litter box in the living room. She kept feeding the cat milk so it had diarrhea daily. She said she had to hold it for a friend for a few weeks. On the last day I made sure that thing was gone.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well that probably could not have gone worse.

I tried being nice. I tried being non-confrontational.

She said that she can do what she wants in her room and that the dog doesn't affect me. I had already told her that it woke me up two days in a row and that I found it in my room. Yet, by some strange logic....none of that affected me.

"Dogs bark...don't you know that?!"
"Yes, but that is not my problem. I didn't create the problem." I said. "Besides, that barking is waking me up in the morning."

Then, she says "well you checked off on your lease that you don't have a problem with dogs."
so me being a smart ass I reply "you know what? you're right. So lets go down to the leasing office and tell them that you need to register a dog."
"Shoot. I don't have that kind of money." she says. And that is when she got nasty

She says "If you tell the office that I have a dog I'll tell the police you have drugs in your room."
So I pull out my phone and tell her that she can use my phone and that when the officers are done looking through my stuff it will be her that goes to jail for making false statements to a police officer.

She walked out the front door after I said that. I guess she didn't want to make that phone call.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I WON! I WON!!!

One of her friends just carted that mutt away! YES! Now I won't get woken up in the morning!

This calls for a Sam Adams to celebrate!

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
LOL like I have the money for a 12 yo scotch

I'm afraid all this college boy has is vodka and Jaegermeister. But I am content with this tasty Sam Adams.

DrGlock said:
Beats me, but can't be more than 10 bucks.
Last time I went there I bought my Px4, some really good prices and just about every gun, rifle, carbine, or shotgun you could want. Plenty of knives, holsters, and cheap ammo too.
hmmm.... I do need more mags and ammo......

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
GeorgiaGlocker said:
Congrats Ramm. Now what I want to know is what did USMC really what you to do in the beginning of this thread to help your situation. All of his beating around the bush just got the best of me! Laughing
Fair enough...I guess it is time for me to join the NRA.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
glockgirl said:
I am soooo sure it is my sweet adorable personality that made Ramm join the NRA
Actually, it was that cat with the Accuracy Int'l. It called me and said sign up or else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.