Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,101 Posts
rajl said:
Second that.

Get the roommates to sit-down with you. The three of you need to tell her that she has X days to get rid of the dog, or else. Explain to her that all three of you are also _insert feeling here__ because 1) none of you wanted a dog, 2) she didn't ask you guys how you felt about having a dog in the apartment, she just did it, 3) and she refuses to be responsible for her dog (paying for the pet deposit, extra rent, and I'm guessing clean up too). Make sure that you are very clear that it is *her* dog, not yours. From teh conversation you reported, she's already trying to pull the wool over all of you guys be calling it "our" dog and not "my" dog.

Yeah, there will be tension between her and the three of you. It's her problem, not yours. She brought it upon herself. Look at it this way, standing up for yourselves in this situation is going to teach her a life lesson about being considerate of other people.

[/b]
I also agree.

She should have checked with the three of you BEFORE getting the dog. The three of you have 2 options as I see it.

1) Give her X amount of time to find a new home for the dog. Or, a new home for herself and the dog.

2) Give her X amount of time get the dog trained (not to bark, chew things (other than dog toys), go to the bathroon in the apt, jump on people, and lick excessively, etc ), pay the $300 herself, agree to pay the extra $20 per month herself, and agree to pay for any damage caused by her dog when the lease expires.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,101 Posts
slabertooch said:
Get a "no bark" collar for the mutt.
Man, you guys don't even know the girl... already with the names!
:rotfl:

Can I get one of those for my wife to wear sometimes?

I tried something similar on my Jack Russells. All it did was pi** them off. They would just bark louder and more. They knew what was hurting their ears and would bark and snap at it. I had to return it to the store.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,101 Posts
Re: Ram is gonna be on television!!!

DrGlock said:
And the scary part is that the popo would probably believe her regardless... and all because she has a vagina...
I have one too, but my wife never lets me use it :shock: :D

Apart from that, Ram, I guess we'll see you on that TV show Intervention.

Host: All your roomates are hateful of your dog addiction
RAM: The dogs just gotta go, or I won't share any more RAMEN noodles with you
DOG GIRL: :evil:
Host: Will you get rid of the dog tonight, we have a plane waiting for you...

Im gonna start popping the corn!!! :D

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,101 Posts
Rammstein said:
I WON! I WON!!!

One of her friends just carted that mutt away! YES! Now I won't get woken up in the morning!

This calls for a Sam Adams to celebrate!
:drink: :cheers:

Congrats.
Your victory calls for a glass of good 12yr Scotch. Especially since my wife is out of town and won't be able to say a d*** word about a night cap.

Two ice cubes and 2 1/2 fingers of Macallan should be just right for this.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,101 Posts
She doesn't care if I have an occasional drink. My bottle of good Scotch has lasted me about 4 months. She just says that bedtime is too late to enjoy it.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,101 Posts
geaux_tigers said:
Adam5 said:
Macallan is the best! I'll take one, sans ice! unless its summer ... then I might take one cube
I bought 2 new bottles of 30 year Macallan that I can't wait to open. I have to save it though. I bought them when my brothers cancer came back and gave him one and kept the other. I told him that when he is declared cancer free again that he, his two sons, my other brothers, my sister, my father, and myself will all sit down and share it.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,101 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
Adam5 said:
[quote="geaux_tigers":3ga0836o]
Adam5 said:
Macallan is the best! I'll take one, sans ice! unless its summer ... then I might take one cube
I bought 2 new bottles of 30 year Macallan that I can't wait to open. I have to save it though. I bought them when my brothers cancer came back and gave him one and kept the other. I told him that when he is declared cancer free again that he, his two sons, my other brothers, my sister, my father, and myself will all sit down and share it.
Good plan. I hope you get to open them real soon.[/quote:3ga0836o]

Macktee said:
Adam, I hope you guys are enjoying that scotch one day real soon!
Thank you for your thoughts. We had a rough spot late last year that involved bein gtold that he only had 24 hours to live, 3 months in intensive care, including 2 months of being kept unconcious and on a respirator. But we feel that the worst of it is behind us. He's home now and starting to regain a little of his strength. I can start to smell the Scotch already...... :D

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,101 Posts
Macktee said:
True story:

About 30 years ago, one of my neighbors bought a Great Dane puppy. Like most Great Dane puppies, it grew into a full-sized Great Dane. The idiot who owned it didn't believe in training, nor did he have a fence. That damn dog terrorized the neighborhood, scared my kids and almost killed my Springer Spaniel.

We talked to Ken about Rocky and the problems he was causing, but he was in love with the mutt and couldn't bear the thought of confining him or cutting his nuts or anything like that.

One evening, three other guys and I were enjoying some fine Kentucky Bourbon (not that pansy Scotch horse pi$$). Actually, we may have enjoyed a bit too much of it...

But, as we were sitting on the deck smoking cigars, drinking bourbon and solving the world's problems, here comes that damn dog. Cigars tend to impair one's normal thought processes you know... Someone suggested we take Rocky for a drive.

A couple of hours later, we returned home reeking of expensive cigars and bourbon but without dog...

The next day, Rocky scared the kids at the bus stop. That night we met again and couldn't believe he found his way home (we almost didn't) that quickly.

A couple of days later I noticed a sign tacked to an utility pole. A new neighbor had posted it. His Great Dane was missing...

I don't know about the other guys, but I've never told anyone this story before. Not even my wife!
Here's my friends story.

His neighbor got a Pit Bull puppy. The dog would always get out and try to bite him. Talking to the neighbor didn't accomplish anything. All the neighbor would say is that "He's just being a puppy". After getting bit the 4th time, he told the neighbor that if it happened again he would shoot the dog or call animal control to take the dog and call the police on the owner. The next time it happened he did nothing, except tell myself and another friend that he would get revenge on that dog. Five or Six weeks later, his neighbor went out of town for a weekend and left the dog in his back yard. When he got back the dog was gone without a trace. In private, my friend claims that the neighbor had been talking about the trip for a while, so he didn't feed his 12' Ball Python for a while. When the neighbor left, he put the snake in the yard with the dog for a while and let nature take its course.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.