Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Second that.

Get the roommates to sit-down with you. The three of you need to tell her that she has X days to get rid of the dog, or else. Explain to her that all three of you are also _insert feeling here__ because 1) none of you wanted a dog, 2) she didn't ask you guys how you felt about having a dog in the apartment, she just did it, 3) and she refuses to be responsible for her dog (paying for the pet deposit, extra rent, and I'm guessing clean up too). Make sure that you are very clear that it is *her* dog, not yours. From teh conversation you reported, she's already trying to pull the wool over all of you guys be calling it "our" dog and not "my" dog.

Yeah, there will be tension between her and the three of you. It's her problem, not yours. She brought it upon herself. Look at it this way, standing up for yourselves in this situation is going to teach her a life lesson about being considerate of other people.

On a practical note, I'm not sure the leasing office is the best route. If all of you guys signed onto the lease together, you might find that all of you, collectively, are liable for the pet deposit and fee. Which means any of you can be forced to pay it once the leasing office knows about the pet. If each of you signed a separate leasing agreement, you're in a better position.[/b]

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congrats Ramm. I'm glad to see the roommate put back in her place; she's probably more pissed that you stood up to her and she didn't get her way than anything else.

And yeah, I'm with you. I'd be more pissed that she made a unilateral decision that effected me, without my input, than I would be about the dog itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.