Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

the disintegration of a nation

4K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  OWM 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
So, what still unites us? What holds us together into the indefinite future? What makes us one nation and one people? What do we offer mankind, as nations seem to recoil from what we are becoming, and are instead eager to build their futures on the basis of ethnonationalism and fundamentalist faith?
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/08/what-still-unites-us/#jlWQAJJMqK0cWxbo.99
Those are good questions. For me, and many like me, I find symbols like statues, The Flag and national monuments to be religious-like icons dedicated to nation-state worship. The fact is, we are living in a post constitutional America dominated by bureaucracy, waste and fraud. I don't think America's presidents, congressional members and judges made or make America great. I think they all helped ruin the nation. They are responsible for decoupling the nation from its constitution. The thing that made America great was The Bill of Rights, the pre-FDR Constitution, working talent and groups of working talent (companies). That's what made us great, not JFK and Ronald Reagan.

Despite being constitutionally off-the-rails, we still have a good bit of freedom compared to other nations; although, places like Hong Kong and Australia have much more economic freedom than we do in the U.S. Freedoms are basically the only thing keeping me interested in U.S. citizenship. If there was a country similar to Australia or New Zealand which also had our Bill of Rights and actually followed it, I would move there in an instant. I really don't have any allegiance to any nation-state, and I certainly don't 'pledge allegiance' to one-especially one that continually violates and ignores its founding document.

So what keeps the American s- show together? Maybe, like me, it's simply a matter of basic individual freedoms. If those keep eroding as they have been, then I suppose there would eventually be little distinction between the U.S., Britain or Canada, and the country would offer little incentive for remaining a citizen. Unfortunately, we appear to be on that trajectory and have been for some time.

#3 ·
Those are good questions. For me, and many like me, I find symbols like statues, The Flag and national monuments to be religious-like icons dedicated to nation-state worship.
So all you have left is the document? I think these "symbols" represent the history that lay the foundation for the document. If people don't understand and connect all the dots that help explain individual amendments to the BOR, it becomes the "living document" the activist judges want to change on a whim. Which, as you note, has been happening over the years. Wiping out historic symbols will help isolate the document as just another relic.

Are the people wanting to keep these symbols more Constitutionally based? Gun rights groups?
Are the people wanting to remove these symbols the same one's wanting to rewrite the Constitution? Ginsberg? Schumer? AntiFA?

#4 ·
It's not coming apart at all. Few lives are affected by the daily news narrative.

Encouraging riots and covering them is the mission of 24x7 cable news.

All this nonsense will be forgotten in the next big economic crash or when someone shoots off a few nukes.

#5 ·
It's not coming apart at all. Few lives are affected by the daily news narrative.

Encouraging riots and covering them is the mission of 24x7 cable news.

All this nonsense will be forgotten in the next big economic crash or when someone shoots off a few nukes.
After more history is erased and after the next crash or war, there will be a weaker, less informed foundation to rebuild on. That's one of the reasons the media is relentlessly misinforming the people. The next crash or war can probably be laid at the feet of the media. It wouldn't be the first time.

I'm glad you're optimistic though. :)

#6 ·
Speaking of war, media and the disintegration of a nation, did you see this over at ZH?

An angry Julian Assange slammed efforts to officially classify his whistleblowing organization as a "non-state hostile intelligence service", decrying it as an attempt to put the "Pompeo Doctrine" into law. In its annual "intelligence authorization", the Senate Intelligence Committee proposed to effectively declare WikiLeaks a terrorist media organization.

#7 ·
Contra the neocons, traditionalists argued that, while America was uniquely great, the nation was united by faith, culture, language, history, heroes, holidays, mores, manners, customs and traditions. A common feature of Americans, black and white, was pride in belonging to a people that had achieved so much.

What makes our future appear problematic is that what once united us now divides us.
Therein lies the problem. That is exactly what the communists and one-worlders are exploiting. And it's not just an American problem. Witness the problems in Europe.

#10 ·
Fortunately, the GOP will fight this tooth and nail.

#11 ·
So all you have left is the document? I think these "symbols" represent the history that lay the foundation for the document. If people don't understand and connect all the dots that help explain individual amendments to the BOR, it becomes the "living document" the activist judges want to change on a whim. Which, as you note, has been happening over the years. Wiping out historic symbols will help isolate the document as just another relic.
I keep hearing we're losing our history when this or that statue comes down. I call BS. There are no Third Reich statues, yet we know the history of the Nazi's rise to power in Germany. We also know the history of The French and Indian War without many statues or monuments. Removing them does nothing to harm or change history. Statues and monuments are basically benign propaganda. Their purpose is to tell you a story and convince you it's the correct version.

#12 ·
Far From Dixie, Outcry Grows Over a Wider Array of Monuments

In a Democratic mayoral candidates’ debate in New York on Wednesday, Mayor Bill de Blasio did not rule out removing Manhattan’s 76-foot Columbus Circle monument as the city reviews “symbols of hate.â€

Philadelphia placed barricades and guards around a statue of Mr. Rizzo, loathed by some African-Americans for his harsh tactics toward blacks in the city, after protesters surrounded the bronze edifice and a city councilwoman, Helen Gym, wrote on Twitter, “Take the Rizzo statue down.â€
Columbus, who, most Americans learn rather innocently, in 1492 sailed the ocean blue until he discovered the New World, has undergone a revisionist treatment in recent decades because of his impact on native peoples.
And from the comments:
By all means, let's put the Antifa crowd in charge of which history we are allowed to acknowledge.

#13 ·
He's had a couple of interesting articles lately. Paul Craig Roberts

When a country has a population among whom there are no truths except group-specific truths, the country is so divided as to be over and done with. “A house divided against itself cannot stand.†The white liberal/progressive/left leaders of divisive Identity Politics have little, if any, comprehension of where the movement they think they lead is headed. At the moment the hate is focused on the “alt-right,†which has become “white nationalists,†which has become “white supremacists.†These “white supremacists†have become epitomized by statues of Confederate soldiers and generals. All over the South, if local governments are not removing the statues, violent crazed thugs consumed by hate attempt to destroy them. In New Orleans someone with money bused in thugs from outside flying banners that apparently are derived from a communist flag to confront locals protesting the departure of their history down the Orwellian Memory Hole.

What happens when all the monuments are gone? Where does the hate turn next? Once non-whites are taught to hate whites, not even self-hating whites are safe. How do those taught hate tell a good white from a bad white? They can’t and they won’t. By definition by Identity Politics, whites, for now white heterosexual males, are the victimizers and everyone else is their victim. The absurdity of this concept is apparent, yet the concept is unshaken by its absurdity. White heterosexual males are the only ones without the privilege of quotas. They and only they can be put at the back of the bus for university admissions, employment, promotion, and only their speech is regulated. They, and only they, can be fired for using “gender specific terms,†for using race specific terms, for unknowingly offending some preferred group member by using a word that is no longer permissible. They can be called every name in the book, beginning with racist, misogynist, and escalating, and no one is punished for the offense.

#14 ·
I have a hard time reconciling the preservation of public monuments based on Jim Crow era politics at the same time I work to eject vestiges of the Jim Crow era from our state and local laws.

Battlefields? Graves? Historic markers of battles? Those are records of spilt blood. Those are history. Those are a completely different conversation.

Deification of individuals on public land, time, and dime? I'll vote to have Cynthia McKinney Parkway renamed to Memorial Drive just as fast as I'll vote to have a statue of an individual relocated from a downtown square to their family's cemetery. I probably make awkward exceptions for the bust of the namesake of a town (unless people are willing to rename the town to get rid of the association) or something akin to galleries that have a succession of portraits or busts for something like presidents or governors or judges that are all-inclusive not just semi-selective by populist era.

#15 ·
I keep hearing we're losing our history when this or that statue comes down. I call BS. There are no Third Reich statues, yet we know the history of the Nazi's rise to power in Germany. We also know the history of The French and Indian War without many statues or monuments. Removing them does nothing to harm or change history. Statues and monuments are basically benign propaganda. Their purpose is to tell you a story and convince you it's the correct version.
The statue itself, and why is stands there, is part of the story.

And there are Third Reich Memorials.

#16 ·
The statue itself, and why is stands there, is part of the story.

And there are Third Reich Memorials.

And C.S.A. memorials....
:D

#17 ·
I have a hard time reconciling the preservation of public monuments based on Jim Crow era politics at the same time I work to eject vestiges of the Jim Crow era from our state and local laws.

Battlefields? Graves? Historic markers of battles? Those are records of spilt blood. Those are history. Those are a completely different conversation.
Monuments and laws we live by today are completely different things. Destroying monuments so we can 'feel better' about our history is missing the point. It's as if people suddenly can't accept that humans are fallible, so then there shouldn't be any monuments anywhere. To anything. Where are the people demanding all things Roman should be destroyed and shunned? Slavery, militaristic, oppression; what better example? Pyramids? Better nuke them. There're huge. What's happening today is more about punishment of a targeted heritage. A subset of their overall target. It's part of the left's identity politics. It's really not about the Klan or white supremacist. Their numbers are absolutely insignificant and would be completely ignored as loons if it wasn't for the media generating ad dollars. Maybe a few thousand nationwide, max. As someone said, there are more pedophiles in the country. Pick a society that is pristine by today's PC standards. None? Well, let's get our bulldozers out and get to work.

Trying to repaint our history is exactly how Cynthia McKinney Parkway came into being. We should probably keep it just as a reminder of how far wrong PC can go. Historical monuments work that way too.

#18 ·
Monuments and laws we live by today are completely different things. Destroying monuments so we can 'feel better' about our history is missing the point. It's as if people suddenly can't accept that humans are fallible, so then there shouldn't be any monuments anywhere. To anything. Where are the people demanding all things Roman should be destroyed and shunned? Slavery, militaristic, oppression; what better example? Pyramids? Better nuke them. There're huge. What's happening today is more about punishment of a targeted heritage. A subset of their overall target. It's part of the left's identity politics. It's really not about the Klan or white supremacist. Their numbers are absolutely insignificant and would be completely ignored as loons if it wasn't for the media generating ad dollars. Maybe a few thousand nationwide, max. As someone said, there are more pedophiles in the country. Pick a society that is pristine by today's PC standards. None? Well, let's get our bulldozers out and get to work.

Trying to repaint our history is exactly how Cynthia McKinney Parkway came into being. We should probably keep it just as a reminder of how far wrong PC can go. Historical monuments work that way too.
Well said.

#20 ·
Los Angeles Changes 'Columbus Day' To 'Indigenous Peoples Day'

As it turns, it looks increasingly like Trump was absolutely right. As just the latest example of the wave of insanity sweeping the nation, the Los Angeles Times points out today that the city of Los Angeles has officially decided to scrap Columbus Day and instead replace it with "Indigenous People Day"... you know, because it's just about time that everyone stop celebrating the "state-sponsored celebration of genocide of indigenous peoples."
I just wonder what part of the Indigenous People's history will be their eventual undoing?

#21 · (Edited)
#23 ·
Were it ever found out that the Indigenous Peoples practiced the murder, rape, torture, and enslavement of other tribes and even some among themselves, and sacrificed children to idols of wood and stone, the "progressives" would be tearing down any monuments, memorials, or plaques that honored or commemorated them.

Or maybe not, because you know, that was just part of their "culture", and all cultures of the world are good and diverse. Oh, except for one.

Is it racist and xenophobic of me to bring up these facts?

#24 ·
They've mocked everything Christian (e.g. Politico's cartoon of Harvey victims) for years and now welcome Islam with open arms, so if you're trying to find some moral code they follow, you're looking at it wrong. They beat people who speak about things they don't like along with the people trying to protect that very small minority's free speech and call all their victims fascists. The irony is completely lost. All they are doing is focusing discrimination, bias and hate on a targeted group as part of their Identity Politics. As gun rights supporters, we know their tactics. Or, at least we should. There is a reason they're not out beating us with sticks and chains. They would if they could, or maybe shoot us with our own weapons like they say they want to.

So, will they pull down monuments to Indigenous People because of their history that goes against all they claim to despise? Not until they've used them to divide more people in the country with Identity Politics. Like they did in the 60's, when they were the Klan and out rallying the very people they now hate against a different minority.

That's their goal anyway. It is possible people on the Internet call them on this before it gets too far. It would be an unfortunate blow to the Indigenous People as they are simply being used. They may suffer a similar fate as people that team up with the Clintons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.