The Difference Between A Court Order And A Gun

Discussion in 'In the News' started by shamalama, Oct 8, 2007.

1. shamalama

shamalama New Member

From http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-twodead2707sep27,0,4313532.story?coll=orl_sports_highschool_util:

... :evil: ...

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:righton:

4. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

they cannot be every where

Sad story.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1

7. merlock

merlock Active Member

Terrible story. :(

8. ber950

ber950 Active Member

The restraining order is to show the police after the perp is laying dead at your doorstep.

9. shamalama

shamalama New Member

+1

10. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Inside the mind: "Well, self, now that you have been served this spiffy paper you will have to repent of all that wife beating and threatening. Just a moment ago my rage was at a point where I might break in and take the lives of the people who are making me angry, but now this official court seal on this handy paper has calmed me down and turned me into a fine citizen."

Good grief, Charlie Brown. What about the police with the moxy to say, "we did what we do, but you didn't do what thinking people do - defend yourselves."

11. Malum Prohibitum

Because they do "not recommend taking the law into your own hands."

12. merlock

merlock Active Member

+1

13. M249

M249 New Member

Except in Texas, where you get praised by the LEO's for defending you and yours.

14. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

Wonder how he "tapped into" her bank account?

15. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Is defending yourself taking the law into your own hands? Thas right they are the powerful, all knowing.... wait thats GS1 from this site :lol:

16. Guest

Guest Guest

A gun in hand beats a cop on the phone every time.

I am actually speechless. This is by and far the most saddening thing I've read today. The line about "The deputy did his best." is a crock of BS.

The tag line at the end is best, "Sometimes there's nothing you can do about it."

17. Malum Prohibitum

Is defending yourself taking the law into your own hands?[/quote:3fr9ci9n]

No? Well, how about, it is more likely to be used against you than to defend your Life?

Um, introducing a firearm into the equation will make things more dangerous?

:D

18. phaed

phaed Active Member

amazing

if these "protectors" could do nothing with such an adequately evidenced, severe threat, what use could they possibly be to the public? i don't want to disparage LEO's, because i believe most of them are stand up guys trying their best to do the right thing. but, this guy and the folks in the department that supported his inaction are the wrong people for the job.

again, amazing. nothing you can do about it? sometimes i wonder if they really believe that; or, if they are so paranoid that people protecting themselves might jeopardize their job security. it baffles me either way.

19. Malum Prohibitum

amazing

if these "protectors" could do nothing with such an adequately evidenced, severe threat, what use could they possibly be to the public? [/quote:2slgqwlb]

Yeah, I do not know about Florida law, but that would definitely be a terroristic threat in Georgia.