Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time someone asks me why I have guns or why I need one. The first thing I always think about is hearing about this when I was seven and it scaring the S**T out of me. All Three murders took place only 2 or 3 minutes from my parents house. One of them took place in one of those "safe" "rural" neighborhoods I always hear about. My mom actually has the same name as the third victim and worked at the hospital with her. For about a week we got calls from friends and family out of town that thought the news story about her.

I think they did some kind of TV special about it that had Scott Baio in it.

I just sent Georgiacarry.org my $16 a few minutes ago by the way.

http://www.lawskills.com/case/ga/id/1618/
Appellant Billy Daniel Raulerson received three death sentences for the malice murders of teenagers Jason Hampton and Charlye Dixon and the felony murder of Gail Taylor. Raulerson was also convicted of burglary, kidnapping, necrophilia, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.*
On May 31, 1993, the bodies of Jason Hampton, Charlye Dixon, and Gail Taylor were found in separate locations in Ware County. Each victim had been shot multiple times by a .22 caliber rifle, and Ms. Taylor suffered a potentially fatal knife wound to her wrist. Semen and spermatozoa were found in Ms. Dixon's rectum. Seven months later, appellant was arrested on unrelated aggravated assault and weapons charges and gave police a blood sample. Analysis of the DNA from the blood sample and from the semen recovered from Ms. Dixon led an expert to conclude that both samples of body fluid originated from the same person. After receiving the DNA test results, law enforcement officers questioned appellant about the three murders, and he admitted killing the three victims. When officers executed a search warrant at appellant's residence, they found a fishing rod and reel identified as having been taken from Hampton's pickup truck the night he was killed, and parts of a .22 caliber rifle. A ballistics expert testified that the shell casings found near Hampton's body and in Ms. Taylor's home were probably fired from the rifle found in appellant's home.
In statements to investigating officers after the DNA test results were known, appellant admitted parking his car the evening of May 30, 1993, at a Ware County lakeside "lovers' lane" near the pickup truck occupied by Hampton and Dixon. Appellant stated that he stood on the bed of the pickup truck and shot Hampton several times, and then shot Dixon as she attempted to flee. Appellant dragged Hampton's body from the truck and shot him several more times; he then put Dixon and two fishing rods from the pickup truck in his vehicle and drove to a wooded area several miles away where he shot Dixon again and sodomized her. His attempt to return to Dixon's body the next day was thwarted by the presence of people at the site, so he drove to a rural section of the county looking for a house to burglarize. He stopped at a home with no vehicle in the carport and, when no one responded to his knock at the door, Raulerson broke into a utility shed and stole meat from the freezer. As he was loading the meat into his car, he heard someone inside the house. He entered the home, struggled with Gail Taylor who was armed with a kitchen knife, and shot her multiple times. He then stole Taylor's purse. Appellant told the officers interviewing him that he had stolen the .22 caliber rifle from a Pierce County residence he had burglarized three weeks before the shootings.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,608 Posts
And all these years later, Raulerson is still alive,
getting fed three square meals a day,
heat and A/C better than most poor rural Georgians have, and he's given a cozy bed to sleep in each night. All courtesy of the taxpayers.

He's had many years worth of appeals that always fail, but his latest one is claiming that he's too stupid to execute-- because he was both too stupid to figure out a way to get away with the rape and murders in the first place, and he was too stupid to win at his trial.

For even having the nerve to file such a petition I think his method of execution should be changed from a needle in the arm
to a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.

·
Premium Member
9,838 Posts
I had never heard of those murders before, and I realize this thread was started in 2007, and I read the OP's reasons for posting it.

It reminded me of 2 events that happened close to me, that scared the s##t out of my parents (I grew up in Florida). I grew up a "free range" child up until Adam Walsh's head was found in a dumpster. After that happened, my father had a very serious discussion with me, my brother and sister. When in public, we were to never leave his sight ...ever.

The other event, and I have been unable to find anything online about it ...and I may be mis-remembering some details ...was when a child was cooked alive by his neighbors. The child was from a family that had just moved into a neighborhood (I think) in Florida. The child had been told, by his neighbors, that their dog just had a litter of puppies, and that he could come over and pick one. The child went by himself over to the neighbors, and never returned. Police investigated and found out that the neighbors had gotten into an argument with the child over something and that whatever it was got them so angry that they stuffed the kid in an oven and cooked him alive.

I remember this being in a local paper (Tampa Tribune) when I was a kid. I remember seeing a picture of the victim in the newspaper article.

As a father, I can understand why my dad freaked out. My mother did too.

But both of my parents completely overlooked and never noticed my brother and I being completely and totally bullied by some kids that lived near us. That was because they told us they would kill our whole family if we ever said anything (I was 4 or 5). My brother was older than me and did his best to try and defend and protect me ...but he was a little kid too, and they were older and bigger.

The oldest one, always in and out of jail, once had his brothers hold me down as he attempted to put out a lit cigarette in my eye. The school bus started coming around the corner before he could do it, which caused him to run off. So ....yeah. One morning, as my brother and I got off the school bus, one of the brothers walked up to me and my brother and smeared something on our mouths and said "It's poison, better not lick it"

That went on for a while ...and you may ask ..how does something like that happen and no adults are aware of it? Well, it did happen, and my father never witnessed them doing this, nor my mother. No teacher did either, or bus driver.

All I can remember is living in mortal fear of walking to the bus stop. I eventually had a mental breakdown at Mr. Barber's house (the other thread I posted explains who he was). I refused to tell him what was going on, because I didn't want my family killed. His wife figured out what it was ...

Well, Mr. Barber decided to walk over to their house and I have no idea what was said or done, but they never laid a hand on me again. I do know, that their father was put in jail for murder. I also know, that one of their buddies walked into a Winn Dixie and firebombed the place and killed a 3 year old girl and her grandmother. And ...the fire bomber's son, was also charged with carrying a firebomb. Son of Fire Killer Charged With Carrying Firebomb

So, when you hear the story about a guy shooting a grocery store employee for asking him to wear a mask ...John William Ferry wanted a refund for a pepsi he already drank. Winn Dixie wouldn't give him a refund so he burned 5 people alive and injured 16.

·
Premium Member
9,838 Posts
This "kinda sorta" has the details correct ...but no ..he complained the soda was flat (A Pepsi, not an RC) and wanted a refund ...no refund was given which made him angry. It also wasn't a "Shop & Go" it was Winn Dixie

The Monstrous Acts of John William Ferry
On July 2, 1983, less than an hour away from where the Anglins’ Chevy broke down, drifter John William “Billy” Ferry entered a Palm River, Florida Shop & Go convenience store carrying only an open mouth pail. He spent twenty minutes picking out an RC Cola and a cupcake before paying and leaving. A few minutes later, Ferry walked back into the store and retrieved the pail he had inadvertently left behind. He returned to the Shop & Go yet again, this time complaining that his soda was flat. The clerk promptly switched the RC for a Pepsi, free of charge, and Ferry went on his way. Shortly before 8:00 p.m. that same day, Ferry returned to the store a final time. He pumped $4.50 of unleaded gasoline into his pail and paid the clerk. Ferry then began walking across the street towards a Winn-Dixie store.

Once inside the Winn Dixie, John William Ferry hurled his full pail of gasoline on innocent customers and employees. He then, while giggling to himself, ignited the fuel with a cigarette lighter. The blaze killed five young people (including a 16 year-old and a 4 year-old) and severely burned thirteen others.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I think his method of execution should be changed from a needle in the arm
to a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.
No. Gut shot. Tied to a stump with fire ant beds all around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts