THe Dalai Lama

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
    — The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times) speaking at the "Educating Heart Summit" in Portland, Oregon, when asked by a girl how to react when a shooter takes aim at a classmate

2. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

I wonder what John Lennon would say to that? Didn't he study under him?

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I was under the impression that Buddhists are completely and totally non-violent...to the extreme of not even stepping on a bug.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Maybe China's foray into Tibet changed his mind.

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

He seems to be a pretty impressive person. Interesting how someone gets chosen for that job.

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.â€
    ~ Dalai Lama

His Holiness' biography:

http://www.tibet.com/DL/biography.html

Here's an excerpt:

"His Holiness the 14th the Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso, is the head of state and spiritual leader of the Tibetan people. He was born Lhamo Dhondrub on 6 July 1935, in a small village called Taktser in northeastern Tibet. Born to a peasant family, His Holiness was recognized at the age of two, in accordance with Tibetan tradition, as the reincarnation of his predecessor the 13th Dalai Lama, and thus an incarnation Avalokitesvara, the Buddha of Compassion.

The Dalai Lamas are the manifestations of the Bodhisattva (Buddha) of Compassion, who chose to reincarnate to serve the people. Lhamo Dhondrub was, as Dalai Lama, renamed Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso - Holy Lord, Gentle Glory, Compassionate, Defender of the Faith, Ocean of Wisdom. Tibetans normally refer to His Holiness as Yeshe Norbu, the Wishfulfilling Gem or simply Kundun - The Presence."

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

7. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I guess he is fairly smart, I would have said take cover/return accurate and high volume of fire. Not necessarily in that order.