Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by [email protected]

"The "mutual covenant" between the criminal justice system and the taxpayers is no longer "mutual", nor is it a "covenant". We may pledge to pay our taxes and fund the system and obey the laws and yield to their legitimate authority, but they pledge nothing in return, not even to abide by the same laws that we live under."

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
If this was his statement, it ought to be so displayed as a quote. Do you have a link to an article from which this was taken?

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
futureusr said:
The quote came from this original thread below. Very long read but I thought his statement was on the money and stood on it's own merits. I would even paraphrase this and replace each instance of "criminal justice system" with "Federal Government"

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/1 ... ponse.html

Quotation corrected...
Thanks!

ETA: ....Er, I thought. I'm not able to find the article.

·
Registered
865 Posts
futureusr said:
Originally posted by [email protected]

"The "mutual covenant" between the criminal justice system and the taxpayers is no longer "mutual", nor is it a "covenant". We may pledge to pay our taxes and fund the system and obey the laws and yield to their legitimate authority, but they pledge nothing in return, not even to abide by the same laws that we live under."
Remember kids, ignorance of the law is only an excuse if you carry a badge, a gavel, or a posse of taxpayer funded bodyguards. We would do well to remove judges from the process of prosecution entirely. Every crime should have a specific, set, non-optional sentence. We simply need a jury, two lawyers, and a referee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts