Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the organizations I'm heavily involved in has moved one its conferences to the Classic Center (http://classiccenter.com/). The previous location of the conference in question was the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry which is a publicly owned building and as far as I was concerned made the conference off limits to carry (not to mention the fact that the organization is part of the State Board of Education which raises some interesting 16-11-127.1 issues as well). Anyway, I'm guessing that this location is also off limits thanks to our wonderful firearms laws.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
viper32cm said:
One of the organizations I'm heavily involved in has moved one its conferences to the Classic Center (http://classiccenter.com/). The previous location of the conference in question was the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry which is a publicly owned building and as far as I was concerned made the conference off limits to carry (not to mention the fact that the organization is part of the State Board of Education which raises some interesting 16-11-127.1 issues as well). Anyway, I'm guessing that this location is also off limits thanks to our wonderful firearms laws.
I am not exactly sure. There is some kind of inbred relationship, I mean partnership, between the Classic Center and Athens-Clarke County. I am not sure if the center and the deck are considered govt. property or not. I think they might be. Not that this matters really, but the Classic Center is right across the street from both the County Courthouse and caddy corner from the Federal Building.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I would say you are correct:
The Classic Center is guided through the leadership of the Classic Center Authority (CCA). Originally founded March 10, 1988, the CCA is a political subdivision of state government as enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Georgia. This five-member Authority is appointed by the local Athens-Clarke County Commission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.