Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baltimore Sun article

City police officers raided the Northwest Baltimore home of a convicted sex offender yesterday and seized 38 firearms - including two sawed-off shotguns, handguns, and a weapon described as an "Uzi-type machine gun," officials said...

...Lt. Dan A. Lioi, who heads the new gun unit, said police acted on a tip from the state attorney general's office, and searched Yarborough's house about 4:45 a.m. Officers found the guns locked in a refrigerator in the basement of the house, Lioi said. The key to the lock was in a dining room cabinet.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Uzi-type machine gun, huh? I suppose technical proficiency in firearms has never been a basic requirement to be a police officer.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Boy Racer said:
Baltimore Sun article

City police officers raided the Northwest Baltimore home of a convicted sex offender yesterday and seized 38 firearms - including two sawed-off shotguns, handguns, and a weapon described as an "Uzi-type machine gun," officials said...

...Lt. Dan A. Lioi, who heads the new gun unit, said police acted on a tip from the state attorney general's office, and searched Yarborough's house about 4:45 a.m. Officers found the guns locked in a refrigerator in the basement of the house, Lioi said. The key to the lock was in a dining room cabinet.
Lt. Dan huh.
Lieutenant Dan: I am living off the government tit! Sucking it dry!

:roll:

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I suppose technical proficiency in firearms has never been a basic requirement to be a police officer.
I wouldn't say never, just that it is no longer a requirement. Especially for Police media liaisons.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Boy Racer said:
Baltimore Sun article

Interesting gun safe there. Is 38 guns really all that much if you've been collecting for a while? (Not saying that's what this guy did..not sure, actually. I'm just curious.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts