Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see the movie The Brave One yesterday with J. Foster. Now I am by no means one to support any type of vigilante type action but I thought it was a good movie. She was shooting a Kahr P9 and was successful in using it.

Way to go Jody!!!!

·
Super Moderator
69,851 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Jodie Foster.
What do you think is the larger social commentary of The Brave One, which in some ways plays as a straight-up Dirty Harry revenge movie?
Here's my commentary: I don't believe that any gun should be in the hand of a thinking, feeling, breathing human being. Americans are by nature filled with rage-slash-fear. And guns are a huge part of our culture. I know I'm crazy because I'm only supposed to say that in Europe. But violence corrupts absolutely. By the end of this, her transformation is complete. ''F--- all of you, now I'm just going to kill people with my bare hands.''

·
Super Moderator
69,851 Posts
I saw her last night on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. She is anti-carry. She said she has shot guns and is familiar with them, and it is a "feeling of power." She is against carry because it "is too much power for one person."

They spent most of the time making jokes about getting to the head of the line because of carrying a firearm.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
If I never saw another Jodie Foster piece of work again, it would be too soon. Hell, if she never had some crazy lunatic trying to impress her, we'd never have the Brady bunch and their antics either.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a movie, so let me ask you all a question. How many works for companies or firms that are anti carry or anti gun? Why do you still work there and support them by helping them make money?

·
Super Moderator
69,851 Posts
Firearmz said:
It's a movie, so let me ask you all a question. How many works for companies or firms that are anti carry or anti gun? Why do you still work there and support them by helping them make money?
I changed mine. :wink:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Firearmz said:
Is it your contention that making employer/career changes are as easy as boycotting a movie?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it is my contention that if you are going to boycott one thing, why not the other? Or maybe we boycott things that are convenient to us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts