"The Brave One"

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by blind_shake, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Help, will bring attention to the subject.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hurts, puts lawful citizens in a bad light.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neither, its just a movie.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

Do you think the movie "The Brave One" with Jody Foster will hurt or help the concealed carry efforts? http://thebraveone.warnerbros.com/

Jody Foster is not known as a 2A advocate to say the least.

2. merlock

merlock Active Member

Never even heard of it...

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1

4. blind_shake

I saw previews for it when I went and saw a movie this past w.e., then I said uh oh!

Woman with a gun in NYC god forbid!!!

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

me too.

6. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

There really needs to be a "never heard of it" selection...

Cause I.... "never heard of it"

7. blind_shake

did you guys watch the trailer?

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I've only heard about it via THR. I get the feeling that it may give us a few converts, but will probably hurt us overall. No real reason, just a gut feeling.

9. phaed

phaed Active Member

trailer makes her out to be a vigilante. can't see how that would help on the "image." i can't see how it would convert anyone that has their head in the sand. but, it may inspire folks that are already victims to look into arming themselves.

10. tj2000

tj2000 Guest

I don't think soooooo......

I don't think it helps us at all. Though it is just a movie, it is still the way the left think about us law abiding citizens who carry and beleive we are the only ones responsible for our own protection. Besides this same theme was in the movie Sudden Impact with Clint Eastwood. And lets not forget the series of Charle Bronson films of vigilante justice. Same old Hollywood different actors.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I saw her last night on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. She is anti-carry. She said she has shot guns and is familiar with them, and it is a "feeling of power." She is against carry because it "is too much power for one person."

They spent most of the time making jokes about getting to the head of the line because of carrying a firearm.

12. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

I haven't seen the movie but voted "neither" since it is just a move.

13. fallison

fallison Guest

I voted not sure just so I could see the results. Looks like I wasn't the only one.

14. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I also just voted not sure. The reason is because from the previews she is made out to be a criminal for defending herself. It looks like the city is New York. So for her to carry a concealed gun and run away after using self defense probobly does indeed make her a criminal. But... from the previews it seems every time she uses self defense it is justifiable and would normally be lawful. Examples from previews; Once two gang bangers look like they are about to rap/rob her with a knife, Another scene looks as if she is about to be jumped/robbed (can't tell the type of weapon) in an alleyway.

But from the previews I can't tell how the producers are going to spin the concealed carry issue. So all in all I am not sure.

15. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I was thinking it might inspire some people to look into the subject more also. But as I stated earlyer it's kinda hard to predict from the previews how the liberal left hollywood will spin it

16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

For those who voted "it's just a movie," isn't a TV show what prompted Georgia's newest place off limits?

17. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

What TV show was that? And which is the most recent off-limits place?
    :?:

18. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

In the end it is just a movie......however, most sheep are idiots and think anything they see/read/hear is the truth. Having only seen the trailer, anything I am about to say is only speculation.

My impression is that she is a victim at one point then turns vigilante. She seems to "set herself up" to lure criminals into thinking she is an easy target then "opens up" on them. That combined that her concealed carry is probably not licensed does in fact seem to make her a criminal. She will likely be made out to be crazier than a bag of squirrels by the producers and by the LEOs/media in the movie. I would guess that even the sheep watching it will think the BGs got what they deserved but will not become pro-gun.

Don't get me wrong. Sometimes I think a little vigilante justice is what this country/world needs. I'll be happy to sit on her jury.

.....but to answer the question, I personally don't think it will help the cause. It would be much more likely to hurt us overall. Especially, if she keeps doing interviews stating she is anti-gun.

19. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'm going to guess nuke plants.

20. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I agree. The sheep will probably come out of the theater thinking (even more than before) that every person with a gun will go on a shooting spree every time he or she wants revenge about something.