The Beltman

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Glocker, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Glocker

Glocker New Member

\:D/ Oh yeah! I ordered a black horse hide belt last night from the Beltman! This will be my first high quality gun belt.

I REALLY hate that it could be a month before I get it.

Does anyone know how long it'll really take to arrive? Is it really usually about 30 days?

2. RickN

RickN New Member

I ordered one last July and it took right around 30 days. Great belt and well worth the wait.

3. ABC3

ABC3 Member

Jim ( and the gang at Beltman) does a great job and deliveries when they say they will. Buy with confidence.

4. Glocker

Glocker New Member

:gotmail: I just got my belt from Jim!!! Excellent quality!!!

:woohoo:

5. Glocker

Glocker New Member

6. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

thats a nice looking belt. Always heard good things about the Beltman. How do they carry. I dont have a nice hand made belt and I am considering one. How does it compare to the Leather CQC belts?

7. frankr

frankr Active Member

I have worn my black Beltman-made belt for both dress and casual daily since sometime in 2008. It works great. If anything, it is now a little too big as I have become smaller in the waist since ordering the belt, but can't complain about that.

8. frankr

frankr Active Member

I am considering ordering a brown belt from them one day to wear with brown shoes. But would that clash with a black holster! Does the watch band need to match too? Gotta keep an eye on fashion these days :lol:

9. Glocker

Glocker New Member

Thanks, jmathis84!

:love: I love this belt! It's definitely worth the money and the wait. This is my first high quality gun belt, so I don't have anything else to compare it to except for the regular black leather belt I've used for the past couple of years. It's a night and day difference in quality and carrying.

I've read nothing but good things about the Beltman's quality products, so I took the plunge and ordered one. It's made out of horsehide, which is the stiffest material he offers. I didn't opt for any internal stiffening and I don't think it would be necessary with the horsehide.

This belt looks great to dress up with (I have to wear a suit at work) or looks great with a pair of blue jeans. I got the 1.25" width so it would go with dress pants or jeans.

I'm in the process of losing a few pounds and the Beltman will shorten the belt (from the buckle end) for $15 if needed.

All in all, I'd highly recommend the Beltman to anyone looking for a top notch hand made belt at a reasonable price.

10. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

I too enjoy a good leather belt to carry my guns with. I have three 1.25" belts, because it is nice to have choices. :righton: I get the 1.25" because I need them to go through suit pant belt loops, but they look great with jeans too. I have two Wilderness belts, but I hardly wear them at all because I like my leather ones better.

My first leather belt was from the Beltman, and it has been a great belt. But after learning that we had our own master leather maker right here in Georgia, my last two belts have come from AL at A&G Custom Gun Leather in Gainsville, GA. http://www.agcustomgunleather.com/ Not only is Al a member of this forum, but he is also a member and corporate sponsor of GCO.

The Beltman's quality is awsome, but so is A&G's. Give them a try......................and I think you will agree. :D

My three leather belts. Beltman is on the bottom and the other two are A&G.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

tmoore, that middle one looks very nice. I may have to place an order for its twin as soon as I can get the money together.

12. dam294

dam294 Active Member

I have an A&G that looks a lot like tmoore's. The black one is a beltman, the brown an A&G. They are both very good belts but my next order will be from A&G.
    [​IMG]

13. pyromaster

pyromaster Member

I bought a brown and a black belt from the Beltman in 2007. They are all I have worn since. Based on how they're holding up I don't expect to have to buy another belt for at least another decade..

14. Glocker

Glocker New Member

I didn't know about A&G. I'll have to check that out! :righton:

15. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Looking at the pics they are all nice belts. I like that Al's uses thicker stiching. The Beltmans belts are nice but the wait is crazy on them. The CQC belt i have now does fine but I am looking to get me a nice leather belt. Given the circumstances Ill probaly go with Al's belts. Thanks for letting me knwo how it carrys.

16. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

BTW..........Al's customer service skills are off the chart. There are plenty of other guys on this forum that could chime in about his customer service.

I frequently carry a Government 1911 or a Glock 17 on my 1.25" belts with no issues. Like many say around here, comfortable carry is a by-product of a good belt and holster.

17. ComaWhite

ComaWhite Amerikan Gulag

Received my A&G belt in 3 days after ordering it (quick ship). I am however in Augusta GA and they are in Gainesville, GA. I decided to give them my business because they are a GA company and husband and wife operation, and also $10 better cheaper than Beltman and have heard a few people say they prefer A&G.

I received it last night, it's my first gun belt, couldn't be happier with it. It's very nice.