The AJC prints one for Mr. Bloomberg

Discussion in 'In the News' started by viper32cm, Aug 8, 2006.

1. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

2. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Their 'equal time' piece was not a particularly well written defense either. It basically stated that gun shops get educational materials from elsewhere and that Bloomberg's settlement wasn't meaningful. I would rather it have started from one's God-given rights and then progressed down the logical line, ending with "wonder why the criminals in NYC and elsewhere ignore the fine gun laws we have while committing crimes, in violation of other fine laws?" I bet Bob Barr could have written just such a piece, but they didn't ask him. The whole exchange was pitiful.

3. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Just in case anyone gets a request for registration to view the thing

4. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

If crime rates are higher in states with stricter gun laws because criminals get their guns from states that have lenient gun laws then how come crime rates in those states with these lenient laws aren't higher then the stricter states?

5. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Yeah that's the first thing I thought of too. She begs the question and never addresses it; poor form.

I also like how she charachterizes gun control as "gun safety laws". Very Orewellian.

And you can't help but love the little jab about the Rotary Club.

If people have the time e-mail her BOSS. Not her, she most likely has, as I like to call it, "a terminal lack of a basic level of understanding necessary to engage in an educated dialog about the subject." My technical term for things that make you go :roll: .