Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the worst written articles I've read in quite sometime.

When this sort of thing happens, it is important to remember that about 5 percent of our population is and always will be totally crazy....

There is nothing you can do about the crazy 5 percent except ask the police to keep an eye on them during large public events, where they sometimes appear carrying machine guns just to make a political point about the Second Amendment....

And the fight for public sanity has fallen to average citizens, like Professor Sbenaty, who is still trying to explain to the rest of the world what happened in his community. “Let me say first,†he told an interviewer on NPR, “there are crazy people in every society.â€
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/09/opini ... .html?_r=2

Yes, her argument against such things are really... "THEY ARE CRAZY!" :roll:

Anyone who wants to burn a Koran is crazy, but what of those that burn bibles and American flags? They're completely normal, huh? So you are perfectly sane to assert your 1st amendment rights as long as its something the liberals agree with, but as soon as you want to do it against a protected class of citizens, like Muslims, YOU'RE CRAZY!?!?!?

Also, now its not ok to assert your 2nd Amendment rights, either... if you do, YOU'RE CRAZY!

Wow, what an argument. I know I'm going to quit carrying a weapon around with me, because it make me crazy... especially open carry. Only crazy people do that! :roll:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I hope that some day she will remember that SHE made this statement...

There is nothing you can do about the crazy 5 percent except ask the police to keep an eye on them during large public events,
when she looks over and sees the men in dark suits, speaking into their lapels and following her around
because someone decided that one or more of her attitudes or actions was "crazy". Perhaps her speaking out against
a public official that she doesn't like... after all... who ever thought that NOT crazy people would even consider excercising their consititutional rights...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I just sent her an email asking how she feels about the exploding koran on youtube based on her feeling on the "crazy 5%".

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cdtracing said:
I just sent her an email asking how she feels about the exploding koran on youtube based on her feeling on the "crazy 5%".
:rotfl2: :righton:

Also, she needs to subtract two from that number. Its the 3%... not the 5%. Guess she got that wrong... didn't do her research.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Y'all may think it's funny now but it's not if you know the history. Historically when new power were threatened by large scale revolt, dissension, or protests they have used the "crazy", mentally unfit, or insanity label and classfication on their opposition as a means of ridicule, discreditation, and then imprisonment. It was done here in the US under various guises during the early 20th century and the nazis and communists adopted the practice with great enthusiasm. They used it to sterilize, lobotomize, and euthanize hundreds of thousands if not millions of people they did not like.

Here's some more reading for you to think about.

http://nestmann.sovereignsociety.com/2010/09/16/are-independent-thinkers-mentally-ill/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts