Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ate breakfast Thanksgiving morning at McDonalds on Northside Drive just off the Georgia Tech Campus. I was with a couple of other volunteers waiting for the Half-Marathon to start. There were a couple of APD officers setting at the table next to us. I noticed that both were carrying Smith & Wesson M&Ps. I asked if they were issue weapons or their choice to carry it and what caliber they were. One of the officers said they were issue and were .40 Cal. I replied that I carried the same weapon except in 9mm. He didn’t blink an eye. We talked a few more minutes and then went our way.

I would call this one a non-event.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
USMCWO3 said:
Same story for me; had a couple of 'non-events' with APD recently in mid-town - OCing both times. The second time (thread here), the officer appeared to be checking with his watch commander on what to do about me - the answer apparently turned out to be . . . nothing.

Great non-encounter! - sounds like APD got the word out about S.B. 308.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was CC'ing. I may have gone out on a limb telling him I was carrying but it seemed like as good a time as any for a first encounter.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:righton: I've had really good experiences with APD while open carrying. Most of them seemed incredibly supportive, very professional. Glad you had the exact same experience.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Teeter said:
USMCWO3 said:
Same story for me; had a couple of 'non-events' with APD recently in mid-town - OCing both times. The second time (thread here), the officer appeared to be checking with his watch commander on what to do about me - the answer apparently turned out to be . . . nothing.

The were too busy drooling over your 9mm to complain. :righton:

·
Senior Mumbler
6,516 Posts
Puffyfish said:
Teeter said:
USMCWO3 said:

The were too busy drooling over your 9mm to complain. :righton:
Who would drool over a 9mm. :shattered:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts