Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to spend the evening with my Mom at the movies. The party in front of us would not stop talking loudly and barking out disgusting comments so I said "We paid $11 to watch a movie, not listen to you talk". They said something back which I ignored. An hour or so later I had to go to the men's room. I'm doing my business in the last stall and I hear someone come in. I'm 6'5, so I look over the stall to see who it is....it's two of the guys (one black one white) and they're leaning against the wall by the sink obviously waiting for me.

I put my jacket back on but left it unzipped, made sure my holster was snapped and hidden under my jacket because I knew what was coming. As I approached the sink an they backed up a couple of steps waiting on me to turn my back. I watched them in the mirror and when I was done I used the electric dryer. While using the dryer the black guy said something to me while punching his fist into his other hand. I couldn't hear him over the dryer, so I told him to wait. He repeated himself louder, and I repeated myself louder. No idea what he was saying. Once the dryer quit he stepped closer and asked if I was the one "talking all that ****." I said yes as I squeezed past them.

The black guy told me he was going to beat my *** after the movie and I called him a wacko for following me around. He said something I didn't understand and made an advance towards me and was restrained by the white guy. I blew it off and went back into the movie and sat down. When he came back in he said, very loudly, that I needed to stay up there with my b**** and be quiet. That was it for me. I went and got the police officer on duty.

He pulled us out and asked us what happened seperatly from each other. I was honest, the black guy was not, and the white guy's story mostly matched mine. I told the officer I wanted to press charges, so my Mom and I went with the officer to review the tape. All you can see is the exchange we had in the hallway, but no audio. There really wasn't much to go on, so I told the officer that I would like a copy of his report and I told the manager I wanted a copy of the video for my records. The manager gave me a card and told me how to go about getting a copy of the video and two free tickets to finish our movie later. The officer also said that he was going to have another conversation with the guy and show him the tape. I don't know what was said between them after we left, but it should be in the report.

The officer was very professional and listened to everyone's story and didn't take a side. It was all handled to my satisfaction. It's a shame you can't even take your Mom to the movies these days without running into some jackass.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
He'll run into someone some day that will clean his clock. People like that are used to bullying folks around and getting their way. They usually end up dead or in jail. The lucky one get their :censored: beat and they learn. I'm a fan of number one, keeps the rif raff count low.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
There is rarely a visit to the movies for me these days where I don't have to ask some younger people to stop talking.

I'm 28, and I don't ever remember being that disrespectful in a public place when I was growing up.

I've never had anyone react the way your "buddies" did though, which I am glad of. Way to keep your cool; that is the toughest thing to do.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He was never close enough and threatening me at the same time to be assault. Had I "cleaned his clock" it would have fallen on my shoulders. Not much else to do but turn it over to the police. Plus if I can avoid fighting someone while I'm carrying a gun, I will. I'll always let things roll off my back instead of risking someone getting ahold of my weapon in the middle of a tussle..

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
"I'm 6'5, so I look over the stall to see who it is"

6'5 teddy bear.

Zack I hate to say it but get out of douglas county. Its gone downhill pretty bad. Move on out to paulding by us.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
It simply amazes me how some people act these days--its quite depressing to me, as we are literally watching society degrade around us. Zach, I'm sorry to hear you and your mom had to have this experience, but you handled it as well as anyone could have. :righton:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sounds like pretty typical thuggish behavior. My wife has a name for that, but I can't post it here. :lol:

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Did you tell the officer you were armed so he could let these idiots know how close they came to taking one between the eyes? Someday, someone won't be as restrained as you - these idiots better hope that person isn't armed.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
atlsrt44 said:

6'5 teddy bear.

Zack I hate to say it but get out of douglas county. Its gone downhill pretty bad. Move on out to paulding by us.
That's a very accurate description of me. :righton:

And yes, Dville has gone downhill and quickly too. I grew up here and loved it until about ten years ago when they built the mall and apartment complexes on every corner. :(

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RedDawnTheMusical said:
Did you tell the officer you were armed so he could let these idiots know how close they came to taking one between the eyes? Someday, someone won't be as restrained as you - these idiots better hope that person isn't armed.
Nah, didn't see any reason to complicate the situation any by mentioning a firearm. The officer had it perfectly under control.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
That's a shame. It appears Douglas County may be turning bad, just as Rockdale County.

My wife and I never went to the movies that often to begin with, but when a really good movie comes out, sometimes we'll try and catch it. After being to movie after movie where a bunch of idiots cause a ruckus, are being loud and obnoxious, or just generally yelling at the screen, ect, my wife and I quit going to the movies in its entirety. I think my wife and I will probably only go see one movie in 2011 in the theater.

We now choose to wait until the movies comes out on DVD, and go rent or buy it and watch it at home. If I watch a movie 3 or more times after I buy it, I've just broken even at paying the price for me to go see it. Plus, if its a good movie, I can watch it anytime I want. I only buy good movies.

Anyway, as you can see, my wife and I have stopped going to the movies because of rift raft like this ruining something that we paid very good money for. I don't know if its just the general decline of our society and manners, but I would have never acted like that in a movie theater.

As you said, we are literally getting to the point where you cannot take your mother to them movies anymore.

I'm glad you were not attacked and forced to use your carry weapon. That little punk didn't know who he was messing with. I wonder how his mency little cojones would have shrunk if he had known you were armed with a firearm.

Also, sounds like the officer that helped you in the ordeal was a great officer. I really enjoy hearing stories of great men and women who serve as peace officers, these days. I know a couple of them, and we're really lucky to have them on our side. :righton:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
blackbirdzach said:
atlsrt44 said:

6'5 teddy bear.

That's a very accurate description of me. :righton:

And yes, Dville has gone downhill and quickly too. I grew up here and loved it until about ten years ago when they built the mall and apartment complexes on every corner. :(
If I remember right the last mayor did a last minute deal where he approved half the city for section 8 housing. That was the nail in the coffin

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
we didn't have many punks in P'tree City til Section 8 housing showed up with the name of Harmony Village. Harmony Village, my butt! The name has since changed, but the punks remain.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
douglasville has a trailor park called plantation estates. I laugh everytime I pass it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts