Thanks anon. Cobb PD officer!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by GAGunOwner, Aug 5, 2007.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

A few nights ago I was heading home on I-20 W. It was about 3:30-4:00 AM. I was tired and realized that I needed to get gas. I tried to push my luck a little trying to get past the Homles and Fulton Ind. exists because that isn't the place to be. Once I passed them I realized that I HAD to stop so I stopped at the Six Flags exit. I am not familiar with this area. I was in panic mode but made it to the first and only gas station I saw. I hoped out of my car and relized that it was CLOSED. :(

I had no idea what I was going to do. I was a little scared (I was CCing two guns for those wondering. :wink:)

Anyway... the area was deserted but right about that time I saw a Cobb PD car turning the corner. I ran out and got his attention. I told him what was going on. He told me that there was a gas station up the road. I asked him if he would follow me up there since I didn't know where it was or if I had enough gas to get there. He said, "Yes." and followed me to the gas station. I had enough gas to get there but it sure was nice knowing that he was following me. I pulled into the gas station, taped my horn, and waved as a thank you.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you officer! :righton: I did not catch your name. I hope you are reading this. :D

This situation made me feel a little bad about some of the things I've said (and what others have said) on the board about LEOs.

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Yep I have had a couple cops follow me or wait with me when I owned a less than reliable car....

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

there are plenty of great cops out there. To bad the news doesnt report all the good ones.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

5. Claire

Claire New Member

Good deal!

when I lived in NJ I bowled with a cop league and most of those guys were like you described. Then when I was in Boston - I worked in a mom & pop memorabilia shop - the local guys were great

Then I move to ATL area & I hear nothing but bad about many LEO agencies - kinda made me look at things differently

so thanks for sharing your story :D

6. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Just like priests - only the bad ones make the front page.

The good ones don't sell papers/magazines/get TV ratings.

7. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Thanks for posting a positive thing about LEO. I know I too have said somethings I dislike about LEO's procedures with some situations. But they deserve thanks. And they have a hard job.

8. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

=D>

I have to say, most of the LEO's I've encountered have been good men and women trying to do something worthwhile in what is often a crappy occupation. Even in notorious Cobb County, most of them were more helpful than not.

9. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Last time I tried that, I got tasered!

"Excuse me, Officer. Could you point me towards the nearest-" BZZZZZZTTTTT!!!!

"Stop resisting! Stop resisting!"

Just kidding :p

Yours is a good story.

10. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I'm glad you had a good outcome. Thanks to the good people who understand protect and serve.

Nag time. You need to get in the habit of refueling at half a tank. I started doing it after Katrina. Its a pain but it sure does avoid a lot of problems. If I am on a trip I have pushed it to a quarter but that led to sucking fumes one time because I could not find a gas station open in the middle of the night.

11. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Thanks for the advice. I usually do keep it where running out of gas isn't a problem. I was lazy and tired and learned by lesson (I hope :oops: ) that night.

12. merlock

merlock New Member

+1

13. Malum Prohibitum

No way! I have to fill up every third day as it is.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Women do the opposite, put in a quarter tank of gas every time it is on E.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yep.

16. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

You know a woman that will actually put gas in?!

Every time my wifes car gets low she decides we need to go somewwhere in it. Of course when we go somewhere together I drive so guess who puts the gas in... :roll:

17. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I used to put in $5 whenever I got to the point where I was worried about having to get out and push, but now I'm refilling every time it dips below about half a tank. I got to thinking about what would happen in a bug-out situation and decided I wanted to have plenty of gas.

I'm spending just as much on gas as I was, it's just at a different time.

18. Malum Prohibitum

5 dollars isn't much more than a gallon.

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I get down to maybe a quarter tank before I fuel up completely. If I'm going on a longer trip, I'll fuel up before I leave or on the way out.