17,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
72,237 Posts

·
Super Moderator
72,237 Posts
What are we doing. We have another Sandy Hook on our hands. I am here on this floor to beg, to literally get down on my hand and knees and beg my collogues find a way to pass laws that make this pass lightly.

Sen Chris Murphy, CT

·
Super Moderator
72,237 Posts
This is going to get the ball rolling on gun control at the federal level. Watch. President Biden will be on tv in about an hour. Democrats still have a large majority in the House and a slim (with the Vice President) majority in the Senate, and enough Republicans in the Senate to go along with them.

·
Super Moderator
72,237 Posts

Elementary school shooter, 18, who killed 14 kids and a teacher posted pictures of his assault rifles on Instagram, messaged random girl to hint at attack one hour before, and posted TikTok clip saying 'kids be scared in real life'

·
Super Moderator
72,237 Posts
I read that he was being pursued by Border Patrol agents related to the shooting of his grandmother. I can't find the link to that so I don't know if it is accurate or not.
Lots of confusion this early. It could be a while before the whole story comes out.

He is a US citizen, so I seriously doubt the border patrol was chasing him. A border patrol officer was one of the first to respond to the help call at the school, however, and was injured. That may be where the confusion is coming from.

If he was being chased by any kind of law enforcement, we'll hear about it, but I sincerely doubt they would let him exit the truck and run into the school with a rifle without simply shooting him in the back. Just sayin'

1 - 20 of 303 Posts