Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.disinfo.com/2010/11/texas-may-end-medicaid/

Some Republican lawmakers â€" still reveling in Tuesday’s statewide election sweep â€" are proposing an unprecedented solution to the state’s estimated $25 billion budget shortfall: dropping out of the federal Medicaid program.
Anyone think this will actually happen?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only when people wake up and realize that just because the Federal government came up with a program and signed it into law doesn't mean that the cost is paid by the Federal government. Maybe when they realize that crap like this bankrupts their owns states they'll realize why the Constitution was designed to protect state sovereignty -- and yet the major media sources downplay any attempt for a state to assert their rights because all people seem to care about nowadays is what the Federal system can do for them. Precisely what the founding fathers were terrified of.

But people don't wake up -- they just want their big screen TV's, their Stouffers dinners and to be left alone, unless they stand to gain something from from trying to screw you over. This is the inevitable result of the people who fought to make this country great being replaced by people who take for granted what they have and didn't need to bleed to get it.

So no, I don't think it'll happen. None of this crap will ever go away until the country collapses under the weight of its own debt and we start over again. Though, it sure would be nice if Texas would just do the inevitable and secede from the union -- I can think of several dozen associates of mine who would be moving there overnight. Rick Perry seems like he actually freakin' gets it.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I hope it happens. Then my question for you is:

When will GA follow?

Most hard working americans are tired of taking care of people who failed to do anything with their life besides sitting on their butts. For those senior citizens who need such program, its time to revamp a program that benefits them entirely. When a senior citizen comes to the office to apply for such benefits they must prove that they were supporting members to their community such as taxes and held a job for the majority of their lives. Failure to provide this proof results in your application being denied and you go on your way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts