Texas Campus Carry goes into effect today

Discussion in 'In the News' started by UtiPossidetis, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

If it had happened here, it would have been last month. Shame either way.

Nemo

2. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

There'll be rivers of blood, I tell ya!

<sarcasm>

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Well, you get to carry a taser on GA campuses now. That should make everyone safe!:rolleyes:

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The real answer is - future democrat voter + doesn't want to PO any voting block (or cell block as the case may be).

5. CarlosPX4

CarlosPX4 New Member

So that explains it... Was in Houston that weekend visiting my kid and went to the shooting range Saturday. Thought it was strange how many families where there that morning. About 5 sets of parents and their younger college age kids shopping for compact pistols and renting different models to try out.

6. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/08/04/no-ruling-campus-carry-challenge/

"First Amendment right to academic freedom"... :-k ... Must be something that only exists in their classrooms.

[​IMG]

7. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

There is no academic freedom on most campuses, hasn't been for decades. If you're not a "progressive" then you're both a regressive and unwelcome/unemployed.

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

9. Scout706

Scout706 Well-Known Member

SCCC is suing to stop individual professors establishing "gun-free" classrooms and offices.

10. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

Professors who ban guns in their classrooms will be punished, UT lawyer says

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...lassrooms-will-be-punished-ut-lawyer-says.ece

11. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Open carry on campus is banned here, so we'll never know if the ability is being taken advantage of or not. But I can say, blood is not flowing through the halls as some predicted.

12. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The main problem is going to be little man's syndrome. I'm pretty sure that many of my former colleagues would have simply held it against the student personally if they were told by authority figures that they could not do what they wanted to in the first instance.

13. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Yes we will. Word will get out somehow that certain students are carrying concealed pistols.

I know I'd wear an NRA (or Georgia Carry) hat or button if I were attending college in Texas, to show my support for the human right of self-defense.

They'd then have a good idea that I was armed for my safety and theirs.

14. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

:-k

Would requiring licensed carriers to openly wear "Concealed Carry" badges while carrying on campus be a reasonable and common sense compromise?

[/sarcasm]

Attached Files:

15. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

So its been 9 days so far. I have not heard anything about the hallways or streets or any such. Someone link me in. The news reports have to be out there.

Nemo

16. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Thank goodness Gov. Nathan Deal vetoed Georgia Campus Carry, or we'd be having the carnage that Texas is having in their colleges and universities. [/sarcasm]

17. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I think its rather funny that folks expected a politician named Deal to be governed by principles. :roll:

18. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

The Volokh Conspiracy Opinion
    Judge rejects claim that allowing guns on campus violates the Constitution

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_term=.354e5cea86d0

19. XDM40

XDM40 Active Member