Texas campus carry; college president lies obscenely

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Jonas Salk, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Jonas Salk

Jonas Salk Member

http://www.campuscarry.com/2010/11/22/t ... -shooting/

2. zeebo

zeebo New Member

I found the CNN video on the same page to be quite entertaining. If only we could get that clown Garrett Evans to argue at all campus carry debates. Its sad that the antis are having to resort to these poor victims of their own polices.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Dr. Bill Holda, president of Kilgore College in Kilgore, Texas more than once has shown himself to be a fool over the issue of whether students with firearm permits should be allowed to carry on college campuses.

Not only did he completely fabricate things that did not occur in the Luby's restaurant massacre, but he also lied and said that the Texas legislature was hypocrital because they did not allow concealed carry in the House and Senate galleries, when in fact concealed carry with a permit is legal throughout that state's capitol.

He also stated that allowing students to carry on college campuses would be an "unfunded mandate". What?!

Seems to me it would be a COST SAVING measure, since you'd need to hire less security officers or police to patrol, with students and professors being able to effectively defend themselves.

I wonder what kind of lame apologies, if any, he will attempt to make. Here, I'll help write one for him:

"I apologize if some of my misstatements may have offended anyone. While I may have erred on some of the facts, at least my intent in showing the danger of allowing guns on campus remains accurate." :screwy:

4. Pandashire

Pandashire New Member

Hey cool I went to Kilgore and carried every day.

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Wow, that level of blatant lying is unbelievable. It just goes to show that the Progressives will lie and say anything, especially when they feel their agenda is being threatened. Many of the anti-gun Progressives often have to tell big lies to try and make their arguments seem valid. This is just more proof of that.

6. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

John Lott has some numbers to show it.

John Lott, More Guns, Less Crime, 3/e, p. 164

On the issue of GGs shooting innocent bystandars, he writes "Out of all multiple-victim public shootings that have been stopped by permit holders, no one has identified a single such incident." (p. 165)

Great book. I encourage everyone to read it.

7. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Well, it seems that Dr. Holda is seeking to educate himself and getting some persuasion.

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

9. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Unfunded mandate???