Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.campuscarry.com/2010/11/22/t ... -shooting/

As an example of the type of information he believes Simpson failed to consider, Holda pointed to the Luby’s massacre, telling a local TV station, “[During the Luby’s massacre] you had multiple shooters, and innocent people were killed by other people who had concealed, licensed handguns, because they weren’t sure who was the shooter and who was a defender.â€

Holda’s frightening depiction of the 1991 mass shooting suffers from only one flaw: It is a complete and total fabrication that lacks even a hint of truth. The State of Texas did not begin issuing or honoring concealed handgun licenses until 1996, five years after the Luby’s massacre. At the time of the shooting, state law made it a serious crime for anyone other than a law enforcement officer to carry a handgun. All of the victims (23 killed, 20 wounded) were shot by the lone gunman himself.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I found the CNN video on the same page to be quite entertaining. If only we could get that clown Garrett Evans to argue at all campus carry debates. Its sad that the antis are having to resort to these poor victims of their own polices.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
Dr. Bill Holda, president of Kilgore College in Kilgore, Texas more than once has shown himself to be a fool over the issue of whether students with firearm permits should be allowed to carry on college campuses.

Not only did he completely fabricate things that did not occur in the Luby's restaurant massacre, but he also lied and said that the Texas legislature was hypocrital because they did not allow concealed carry in the House and Senate galleries, when in fact concealed carry with a permit is legal throughout that state's capitol.

He also stated that allowing students to carry on college campuses would be an "unfunded mandate". What?!

Seems to me it would be a COST SAVING measure, since you'd need to hire less security officers or police to patrol, with students and professors being able to effectively defend themselves.

I wonder what kind of lame apologies, if any, he will attempt to make. Here, I'll help write one for him:

"I apologize if some of my misstatements may have offended anyone. While I may have erred on some of the facts, at least my intent in showing the danger of allowing guns on campus remains accurate." :screwy:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Wow, that level of blatant lying is unbelievable. It just goes to show that the Progressives will lie and say anything, especially when they feel their agenda is being threatened. Many of the anti-gun Progressives often have to tell big lies to try and make their arguments seem valid. This is just more proof of that.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,412 Posts
Phil1979 said:
Seems to me it would be a COST SAVING measure, since you'd need to hire less security officers or police to patrol, with students and professors being able to effectively defend themselves.
John Lott has some numbers to show it.

John Lott said:
Many factors influence crime, with arrest and conviction rates being the most important. However, nondiscretionary concealed-handgun laws are also important, and they are the most cost-effective means of reducing crime. The cost of hiring more police in order to change arrest and conviction rates is much higher, and the net benefits per dollar spent are only at most a quarter as large as the benefits from concealed-handgun laws. Even private, medium-security prisons cost state governments about $34 a day per prisoner. For concealed handguns, the permit fees are usually the largest costs borne by private citizens. The durability of guns allows owners to recoup their investments over many years.... No other government policy appears to have anywhere near the same cost-benefit ratio as concealed-handgun laws. (emphasis mine)
John Lott, More Guns, Less Crime, 3/e, p. 164

On the issue of GGs shooting innocent bystandars, he writes "Out of all multiple-victim public shootings that have been stopped by permit holders, no one has identified a single such incident." (p. 165)

Great book. I encourage everyone to read it.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,412 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts