Texas bank encourages customers to carry

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Macktee, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Chappell Hill Bank, in Chappell Hill, TX replaced the "no guns" sign on the front door with one that welcomes those licensed to carry to carry while doing their banking. The bank president said the bank had been held up three times and he wanted to shift the odds in favor of the law abiding.

Interesting read: http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/101201774.html

Now, if only banks in Georgia could see the light...

2. groats

groats New Member

I saw the interview with the owner (or manager). He said it's the oldest continuously-operating bank in the US - because, unlike the others, it didn't shut down during the depression. I believe him, the place has got a lot of atmosphere. 1890's atmosphere.

I think I'll open an account there, just so I can someday mosey up to the winder, tip my Stetson, and git a stack of Double Eagles...

3. Deek

Deek Active Member

Repost, but it's worth reading again.

It's interesting what it takes sometimes for people to change their minds. The last article I read on this didn't indicate that he replaced a no guns sign with the pro gun sign.

I wonder if after every time getting robbed, he walked past the no gun sign like "wtf it didn't work?". At least it didn't take a fourth robbery for it to occur to him.