Terrorist Trial Ignored

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Did you know that there is a trial of a 23-year-old Islamic terrorist currently going on in California? Joel Mowbray notes that the mainstream media is completely ignoring the entire thing. Why do you suppose that is? Read on.
    http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns ... 88849.html

2. thebugman

thebugman New Member

This would highlight that the "War on Terror" is working. Media couldn't sabatoge their agenda.

3. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I really wish the mainstream media would pay more attention to REAL homeland security issues. I get the feeling that becuase so few media groups are reporting on security issues ordinary citizens (those not privy to info on how many suspected terrorists are currently in the US) don't have an accurate picture of what our exposure is. And if we don't have an accurate picture how can we hold officials responsible. I heard a report once that OTMs with terrorist group affiliations have been caught coming of the border speaking Spanish. I don't know what to believe. :shakehead:

4. Woody_the_Infidel

Woody_the_Infidel New Member

5. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

6. Woody_the_Infidel

Woody_the_Infidel New Member

7. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I had to stop reading when I got to the part about their confiscated cash.

That kind of thing burns me up. Why should it be illegal to carry large amounts of cash? Where it comes from is not the issue. They were not arrested or charged with any crime at that point. They had their money confiscated for NO REASON other than "it was suspicious." This kind of thing happens every day. It started with the "War on (some) Drugs" and is now expanded by the "War on Terror."

If I want to carry around $15,000 in paper money, that's my business and no one else's. But, if a cop gets a bug in his butt, he can steal it from me ("I suspect it may be tied to drug activity" or "I suspect it may be tied to terrorism"...but he has no proof other than the presence of the money itself) and I have to plead my case to get it back (what happened to the presumption of innocence?).

Ugh, I need a nap...

...sorry to jump off topic.