Terrorist planned to attack Dobbins...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ls1ssdavid, Jul 20, 2006.

1. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Terrorist planned to attack Dobbins Air Reserve Base. So when are we gonna have a public hanging in Marietta Square? I'll take leave to watch it :lol:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9544368/detail.html?taf=atl

ATLANTA -- Two young men who grew up in the Atlanta area were indicted Wednesday on further terrorism charges -- undergoing paramilitary training in northwest Georgia and plotting a "violent jihad" against civilian and government targets, including an air base in suburban Atlanta.

Syed Ahmed, a 21-year-old Georgia Tech student who was arrested in March, and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee, another U.S. citizen who grew up in Atlanta area, were previously accused of traveling to Canada last year to meet with Islamic extremists to discuss "strategic locations in the United States suitable for a terrorist strike," according to prosecutors.

In the new indictment, the men are now also accused of traveling to Washington to film possible targets, including the U.S. Capitol and the headquarters of the World Bank, and sharing them with another alleged terrorist based in Great Britain.

The indictment says the two received paramilitary training at an undisclosed location in northwest Georgia in late 2004 and early 2005, and discussed plans for various attacks, including one at Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Marietta.

U.S. Attorney David Nahmias stressed that the indictment does NOT allege that Ahmed and Sadequee "posed an imminent threat to the United States."

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Figures it was a Tech student...

GO DAWGS!!!

3. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Of course it was a Tech Student!!! Not that I'm proud of that though, but it figures.

About the only thing a UGA student could do to terrorize people is run around with a pack of rabid bulldogs yelling "Sic 'em, woof woof woof woof woof" :lol: haha

yes I'm a GT grad ;)

4. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Here's something to terrorize you IWB....

11/25/06

:twisted:

5. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

:rotfl: hahahahah Good times.

I don't know which is worse though.... the outcome of the game or being in a stadium with 80,000+ UGA Fans :drink: :cheers: :shattered: haha

Did ya'll read the indictment where it says these terrorists engaged in paramilitary training, including activities with paintball guns, in Northwest, GA. That made me laugh. But I guess it's a cheap way to practice. I wonder if playing with my cowboys and indians as a little kid would be classified as guerilla warfare strategy?