Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.peachpundit.com/2011/01/27/g ... -to-speak/

Got a tip via the Tip Line saying that activist and two-time vice presidential candidate for the Communist Party Angela Davis will be speaking tonight on the Georgia Southern campus at 7p:
There’s also another speaker that has be re-invited back GSU. Communist terrorist and Obama supporter Bill Ayers will be speaking on Feb. 7th at 7p. He was originally slated to speak back in 2009, but the invitation was rescinded when the university balked at the $13,000 security bill.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bill Ayers should NOT be speaking to college campuses. I have former military friends attending this University, while he was more radical before their time, he participated in celebrating and attempting the death of police, US troops, US administration, and citizens. I sincerely hope alumnus cut off all financial ties in regard to this event.

·
16,485 Posts
Dawg said:
Bill Ayers should NOT be speaking to college campuses. I have former military friends attending this University, while he was more radical before their time, he participated in celebrating and attempting the death of police, US troops, US administration, and citizens. I sincerely hope alumnus cut off all financial ties in regard to this event.
Why shouldn't he speak?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
When Bill Ayers was asked if he regretted the bombings of police stations and the killing of innocent people he simply replied, "No, I don't think we did enough."

Enough said. He's an unrepentant terrorist! He should be in prison, not out indoctrinating our children in college with more of his sick leftist bullcrap. He belongs in prison, as well as Bernardine Dohrn.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
budder said:
Dawg said:
Why shouldn't he speak?
Because he's an unrepentant terrorist who belongs in prison.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dawg said:
This is mostly being funded by our student fees!! He was scheduled to come here and speak back in 2009 but it was canceled because he couldn't provide his own security and the school said they couldn't cover the cost of security for him. The cost reported in the school newspaper was $13,000. I personally think its a bunch of BS that my student fees are going to a person that once wanted (who knows he probably still does) wanted to cause death to Americans

Heres a link to an article thats in our school newspaper today about him coming to town

http://www.gadaily.com/index.php/news/1 ... n-february

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
budder said:
Dawg said:
Why shouldn't he speak?
Agreed. Let's get his stupid ideas out there so they can be shown for what they are.

Marginalizing them creates a "persecution/martyr complex" which only increases the unity and strength of his "message." Air it out, in public.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
EJR914 said:
THIS.

·
16,485 Posts
EJR914 said:
budder said:
Dawg said:
Why shouldn't he speak?
Fair enough. Now, in the real world, why shouldn't he speak?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
budder said:
Dawg said:
Why shouldn't he speak?
I don't see a problem with him speaking, just not as a guest of a college my tax dollars pay for.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
As much as I disagree with Ayers speaking at the university, he does have the right. I might think he needs to be speaking to the four walls of a solitary cell, but that is my opinion.

If you all really want to make a statement, file for the paperwork to protest at his lecture. Tell these students the truth about him. You can go pass out flyers, information, or whatever on the campus as it is a public university so long as you don't cause a scene.

·
Registered
360 Posts
WTF???????????? And at my alma mater nonetheless. What a communist POS. Things have apparently changed for the worse since I've been gone.......... I did have a few libtard professors there, but dang. It's obviously gotten out of hand.

·
Registered
41 Posts
budder said:
Now, in the real world, why shouldn't he speak?
He has the RIGHT to speak (even if i think he shouldn't), and he owes that right to the very people he applauded dying. I hope he spends every minute for the rest of his life thinking about that.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
budder said:
EJR914 said:
budder said:
Dawg said:
Why shouldn't he speak?
Because you might actually listen, budder?

·
16,485 Posts
Match10 said:
budder said:
EJR914 said:
budder said:
Dawg said:
Why shouldn't he speak?
Because you might actually listen, budder?
And what's wrong with me or anyone else listening?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
budder said:
EJR914 said:
budder said:
Dawg said:
Why shouldn't he speak?
Since he is free, and somehow he and his other terrorist buddies in the Weather Underground were never convicted of harming the 50 "pigs" (as they called them) that they put in the hospital, or the $500,000 in property damage that their bombs did, he certainly has the right to free speech, but I really think he should be speaking from the inside of a concrete box. Not out there indoctrinating college kids with his leftest wacko BS.

The only difference between Ayers and Bin Laden is that Bin Laden was a more successful terrorist, and Ayers is an America citizen. That's about it.

Why don't you ask Diana Oughton, Bill Ayers' old girlfriend what she thinks about good ole' Bill Ayers. Ohh that, right, you can't. She died making a bomb for ole' Bill.

After the Greenwich Village townhouse explosion in 1970, in which Weatherman member Ted Gold, Ayers' close friend Terry Robbins, and Ayers' girlfriend, Diana Oughton were killed when a bomb being assembled in the house exploded, Ayers and several associates evaded pursuit by US law enforcement officials.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

He and his wacky women Bernardine Dohrn have never said that the bombings were wrong, and in fact they have stated many times that they feel they didn't do enough, that they should have done more. I think they did quite enough harming of "pigs."

They make me sick.

One of the members from Bill's group, The Weather Underground once said this:

Timothy Dean, Weather Underground Member…he gave a review of the Weatherman “Days of Rage†in Chicago, stating that the overall accomplishments were successful, doing close to $500,000 worth of physical damage and put about 50 pigs in the hospital, one seriously…
The fact that Bill is unrepentant of his terrorism speaks volumes to what kind of people he and his wonderful women are.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The scumbag has a right to free speech. This is true. However, there is no right for him to be paid, protected, or solicited to speak by a publicly funded enterprise. I have a very serious problem with taxpayer funds being expended to bring in a KGB trained communist insurgent to spread his poisonous lies and treasonous ideology. Keep in mind that communism and it's proponents were directly responsible for the deaths of over 100 million people in the last century and the enslavement of billions of others.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
budder said:
And what's wrong with me or anyone else listening?
You see, Bud... It actually has to be explained to you!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Ayers is a historical figure, and like it or not he is a free man.

I won't be able to go down there and listen but it might actually be interesting to hear someone from the other side speak.

After all, the president was this guy's house guest. That's pretty mainstream. :wink:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts