Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
This recalls the film of Bin Laden firing an Ak-47. It was apparent he had never fired one before, and the recoil surprised him. These guys do not do the fighting. They specialize in sending others to die for them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The one thing that bothers me after watching the video, is that looks like a M249. Which for those that don't know is a US military issued machine gun, and I don't know of any other nation's army that uses it. So I worry about how he got it.

·
69,784 Posts
I thought it looked like a saw, but I am no longer familiar enough with all that is out there over the last two decades.

Anybody know? Is this another country's manufacture?

·
Registered
13 Posts
M249 (SAW)

The M249 is made by a Belgain company named Fabrique Nationale. And from the looks of it, a couple other NATO countries use different versions of it. So it might not be off an American soldier, but..it probably is :(

·
69,784 Posts
Up until recently, FN owned Browning and Winchester . . . :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I carry this gun often and i know that UK soilders and Belgian soilders as well as Italian soilders (if there is such a thing) carry this weapon. But, as we all know, in the middle east its possible to get anything. So i highly doubt this weapon came from a US soldiers grip. A missing US weapon is a huge deal, even in a time a of war that weapon would be found quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts