Terrorist Al-Zarqawi can't figure out a machine gun

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Gunstar1, May 4, 2006.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

This recalls the film of Bin Laden firing an Ak-47. It was apparent he had never fired one before, and the recoil surprised him. These guys do not do the fighting. They specialize in sending others to die for them.

3. Recon4Life2

Recon4Life2 New Member

The one thing that bothers me after watching the video, is that looks like a M249. Which for those that don't know is a US military issued machine gun, and I don't know of any other nation's army that uses it. So I worry about how he got it.

4. Malum Prohibitum

I thought it looked like a saw, but I am no longer familiar enough with all that is out there over the last two decades.

Anybody know? Is this another country's manufacture?

5. Recon4Life2

Recon4Life2 New Member

M249 (SAW)

The M249 is made by a Belgain company named Fabrique Nationale. And from the looks of it, a couple other NATO countries use different versions of it. So it might not be off an American soldier, but..it probably is :(

6. Malum Prohibitum

Up until recently, FN owned Browning and Winchester . . . :D

7. jakeusaf

jakeusaf New Member

I carry this gun often and i know that UK soilders and Belgian soilders as well as Italian soilders (if there is such a thing) carry this weapon. But, as we all know, in the middle east its possible to get anything. So i highly doubt this weapon came from a US soldiers grip. A missing US weapon is a huge deal, even in a time a of war that weapon would be found quickly.

8. jakeusaf

jakeusaf New Member

Also, the guy just had a stovepipe, and he couldnt figure out how to clear it? WHAT AN IDIOT!