Tennessee Wildlife Officer Asked To Leave Outback Steakhouse

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Dawgdoc, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Well-Known Member

This happened in my viewing area; my wife saw it on her Facebook before it got the attention of the news:
    http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/3742022...nt-because-he-was-carrying-his-service-weapon

Personally, I have never seen a "No Guns" sign at any Outback that I remember.

Zog likes this.
  2. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Back when you needed permission to carry in a bar, I've even asked for an Outback manager to authorize me to sit in the bar area. It was no fuss or bother at all.

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Outback has an official GFZ policy. They are now claiming that it was a mistake by the manager. Yeah right! She went and called someone, came back and informed the LEO of their GFZ policy. They got caught out and have huge negative publicity so now they are blaming the manager on duty for following her orders.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Here's what I think. Outback has the "official" policy on record, to keep their insurance company happy, but in general practice, it's known to let armed customers carry there, even openly, as long as there are no issues.

The issue here was a sheep skeered of a peacefully armed man in uniform.

The manager was between a rock and a hard place. Had the manager told the sheep to pipe down or leave, the sheep would have made an issue of it and raised all sorts of ruckus upon discovering the "official" policy.

Outback solved the dilemma by publicly putting (or allowing) the blame to be on the manager. Probably privately gave the manager an attaboy to soothe any hurt feelings for throwing him under the bus.

Upper management sounds like good material for political office somewhere.

6. Dawgdoc

I sent a message to Outback about their no guns policy. I briefly mentioned this story and their apology, but the bulk of my message was about their no gun policy for non-LEO. I received a short response about the incident and that they apologized. She didn't even acknowledge (or possibly read) most of my email.

7. Phil1979

I just sent a message to them but did not mention the story. Just a short question about licensed carry by citizens, whether openly or concealed.

8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I sent and email inquiry to corporate through their website also. I expect a reply Monday or Tuesday.

FriendorFoe.us has the one local to me as neutral. One person reported OC several times without comment or questions from anyone. Problem-- it was dated 2010.

Nemo

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  9. Phil1979

Regardless of where they stand, I bet they give a good talk to all their management about how to better handle things.

10. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

Today I carried openly in Applebee's. No issues. I've carried openly in Outback and Lorghorn before, but not recently.,

11. Phil1979

I've openly carried in Target, even after they came out with their statement they'd rather you not be armed. Of course, I would have left the store if they had asked me to, but no one approached me.

12. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Last time we ate at Outback I open carried and not a single objection. This was the Barrett PKY location. I have open carried at the Cobb PKY Target on several occasions and no one has said a word. We don't go to either one very often and because the food was so bad at Outback the last time we went about 6 years ago we just haven't been to any of them. It's been at least 3 years since we have shopped at Target. Just not fond of the store...

13. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

I just hope the LEO's that support GFZ's can read the writing on the wall. They're next, no exceptions.

AtlPhilip likes this.
  14. Dawgdoc

This is the second email I sent them:

Here is the response that I got:

They completely ignored my concerns about thefts from cars, and assaults and robberies in their parking lots, none of which have actual security that I have seen.

15. timbrubaker

timbrubaker I may be slow, but I sure am ugly

I have open carried at the Outback in Covington numerous times without a peep.

16. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Send this back to them and tell them it has been fixed to read what they were actually saying.

17. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Conversation with Outback. GO to bottom and read up.

Nemo

AtlPhilip likes this.
  18. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

If it was for the comfort of "all" your guest, then you wouldn't disarm law abiding guest who carry.

AtlPhilip likes this.
  19. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

The point is that this is not achievable in a country with, conservatively, over 300 million firearms.
    [​IMG]

20. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, I have carried openly in Outback and was not aware of this.

My business goes to Longhorn from now on. No more Outback.

I will write them to let them know.

I hope some of you will do the same.

AtlPhilip likes this.