Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cscmediagroupus.com/2017...llowing-people-hit-protesters-blocking-roads/

Tennessee just made it legal to injure protesters who are blocking roadways and other rights of way. The bill, introduced Wednesday and which easily passed the senate Friday, renders someone who runs over a protester who is blocking the street free from civil liability, so long as the driver was exercising ‘due care.’

The bill was likely in response to The Memphis Black Lives Matter rally last July, which shut down the I-40 bridge with hundreds of protesters refusing to leave. Traffic could not go across, including the parents of a very sick baby.

Paramedic Bobby Harrell with Crittendon EMS recounts “We received a call there was a child needing medical attention stuck in traffic up on the bridge and due to the protest going on the bridge the family was not able to get through.â€
Drivers should not be blamed or at fault for dumb ass antics like this:

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
....and they have tnoutdoors9 and hickok45. All we have is that iraqveteran8888 slob.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't think I have an issue with blocking highways. But protesters should have the integrity to allow an ambulance through.

And there should be no violence unless attacked. If and when that happens, the threat should be removed. And removed with as little force as possible. At least here in GA, we have an awesome stand your ground law that allows all force, up to deadly force

O.C.G.A. 16-3-21
(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person against such other´s imminent use of unlawful force; however, except as provided in Code Section 16-3-23, a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
That encompasses the right to defend yourself as well as basic reasonable force restrictions

·
Registered
40 Posts
When it can cost someone their livelihood.....
Which is why I added the very important stipulation, that an ambulance should absolutely be allowed through. I don't care what the protest is about, preventing a persons life from being saved should result in a path being forcibly cleared. Rubber bullets, pepper spray, whatever it takes short of lethal force. That ambulance should get through.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,938 Posts
When you block streets and start to infringe on the rights others, you have overstepped the boundaries of your rights, and should dealt with as a criminal.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,938 Posts
The BLM protesters that attempted to block me in on West Peachtree didn't need running over. I placed my 1911 and a spare mag in the dash, and they got out of my way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The BLM protesters that attempted to block me in on West Peachtree didn't need running over. I placed my 1911 and a spare mag in the dash, and they got out of my way.
I bet. You'd be crazy not to have a spare mag in downtown. Shame I can't get on the wheel. Noticed the no gun sign and told security I didnt give money to places that insisted I be a defenseless victim.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Which is why I added the very important stipulation, that an ambulance should absolutely be allowed through. I don't care what the protest is about, preventing a persons life from being saved should result in a path being forcibly cleared. Rubber bullets, pepper spray, whatever it takes short of lethal force. That ambulance should get through.
Well if traffic is backed up several miles, how would they know if they're blocking an ambulance or not?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I don't think I have an issue with blocking highways. But protesters should have the integrity to allow an ambulance
Well I absolutely have a problem with it. I don't want to be slowed or stopped. I want to be on my way. That's why I'm on the road....to go some where...not to be held hostage.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,156 Posts
What about the guys holding the signs that say-- road construction ahead, one way traffic-- are they fair game too?

Nemo

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I don't think I have an issue with blocking highways.
If you want to protest, fine. That's legal and protected speech. Impeding traffic, especially on a limited access road, is not. There's no integrity involved. If you want to play human pinball I'll be happy to oblige.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think I have an issue with blocking highways. But protesters should have the integrity to allow an ambulance through.

And there should be no violence unless attacked. If and when that happens, the threat should be removed.
Imagine dozens of protesters surround you on a sidewalk and do not allow you walk anywhere except the concrete square you happened to be standing on. I call that false imprisonment. I think most of us here would have our guns drawn.

Imagine the same happens to a cyclist in a bike lane. Again, false imprisonment.

Imagine the same happens to a woman in a Honda Civic at a red light. I see no difference. The mob would have surrounded her vehicle and falsely imprisoned her.

Should she stay and risk having her car torched or flipped over with her inside it? I say hit the accelerator and get the hell out of there.

I should note, false imprisonment is not the same as a traffic jam.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well if traffic is backed up several miles, how would they know if they're blocking an ambulance or not?
As the Ambulance moves forward, the people part and pretty soon, the whole group will have moved aside. That's the way it should work anyway

·
Registered
40 Posts
Imagine dozens of protesters surround you on a sidewalk and do not allow you walk anywhere except the concrete square you happened to be standing on. I call that false imprisonment. I think most of us here would have our guns drawn.
That depends on what is meant by not allow. If it's a byproduct of the protest, you get through the same way you get through a crowd in a mall. If the prevention is targeted towards you specifically, that is another matter and is indeed a very real threat

1 - 20 of 42 Posts