Tennessee is Kicking Georgia's Ass in Awesomeness

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

http://www.cscmediagroupus.com/2017...llowing-people-hit-protesters-blocking-roads/

Drivers should not be blamed or at fault for dumb ass antics like this:
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6lg5NJWXmA[/ame]

2. Mrs_Esterhouse

....and they have tnoutdoors9 and hickok45. All we have is that iraqveteran8888 slob.

3. altantapatriot

altantapatriot New Member

I don't think I have an issue with blocking highways. But protesters should have the integrity to allow an ambulance through.

And there should be no violence unless attacked. If and when that happens, the threat should be removed. And removed with as little force as possible. At least here in GA, we have an awesome stand your ground law that allows all force, up to deadly force

O.C.G.A. 16-3-21
    That encompasses the right to defend yourself as well as basic reasonable force restrictions

4. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

When it can cost someone their livelihood.....

5. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

You will never catch me jaywalking in Tennessee

6. altantapatriot

Which is why I added the very important stipulation, that an ambulance should absolutely be allowed through. I don't care what the protest is about, preventing a persons life from being saved should result in a path being forcibly cleared. Rubber bullets, pepper spray, whatever it takes short of lethal force. That ambulance should get through.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

When you block streets and start to infringe on the rights others, you have overstepped the boundaries of your rights, and should dealt with as a criminal.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The BLM protesters that attempted to block me in on West Peachtree didn't need running over. I placed my 1911 and a spare mag in the dash, and they got out of my way.

9. altantapatriot

I bet. You'd be crazy not to have a spare mag in downtown. Shame I can't get on the wheel. Noticed the no gun sign and told security I didnt give money to places that insisted I be a defenseless victim.

10. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Well if traffic is backed up several miles, how would they know if they're blocking an ambulance or not?

11. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Well I absolutely have a problem with it. I don't want to be slowed or stopped. I want to be on my way. That's why I'm on the road....to go some where...not to be held hostage.

12. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

What about the guys holding the signs that say-- road construction ahead, one way traffic-- are they fair game too?

Nemo

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Are they protesters?

If not, this I'll does not apply.

14. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

If you want to protest, fine. That's legal and protected speech. Impeding traffic, especially on a limited access road, is not. There's no integrity involved. If you want to play human pinball I'll be happy to oblige.

15. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

16. Mrs_Esterhouse

Imagine dozens of protesters surround you on a sidewalk and do not allow you walk anywhere except the concrete square you happened to be standing on. I call that false imprisonment. I think most of us here would have our guns drawn.

Imagine the same happens to a cyclist in a bike lane. Again, false imprisonment.

Imagine the same happens to a woman in a Honda Civic at a red light. I see no difference. The mob would have surrounded her vehicle and falsely imprisoned her.

Should she stay and risk having her car torched or flipped over with her inside it? I say hit the accelerator and get the hell out of there.

I should note, false imprisonment is not the same as a traffic jam.

17. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  18. altantapatriot

As the Ambulance moves forward, the people part and pretty soon, the whole group will have moved aside. That's the way it should work anyway

19. altantapatriot

That depends on what is meant by not allow. If it's a byproduct of the protest, you get through the same way you get through a crowd in a mall. If the prevention is targeted towards you specifically, that is another matter and is indeed a very real threat