Georgiapacking.org banner

101 - 120 of 296 Posts

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Re: Rockdale temporary permits

packinpapa said:
Add Rockdale to the list not issuing temporary permits...120 days for renewal and no temporary... Period...If I understand this right, you cannot apply for renewal earlier than 90 days before expiration, so that leave 30 days with no permit. Also, why can some counties turn around the permits within the limits and others take 4 months?
Will do. Thanks.

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
UPDATED LIST of counties issuing temporary renewal licenses (added to the "not issuing" column):

NOT ISSUING

Appling
Bacon
Baker
Baldwin
Banks
Cherokee
Clayton
Cobb
Coweta
Dawson
DeKalb
Douglas
Fayette
Floyd
Forsyth
Fulton
Gwinnett
Henry
Meriwether
Rockdale
Spalding
Troup

ISSUING

Dougherty
Lee

If your county is not listed, it means that we do not know whether they are issuing temporary licenses. Please call and ask, then post the answer here so that we may add them to the list as issuing or not issuing temporary licenses.

All you have to do is say, "Hi. Are you issuing temporary renewal firearms licenses at the time of application for a five year renewal license?"

They will probably tell you there is no such thing as a renewal license anymore, in which case, you may want to ask, just to clarify, whether they will issue you a temporary license when you apply for another license.

Then post your answer (with the county) here. Thanks.

I know we have more than 24 counties, out of 159 counties, of people visiting here. :D

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Is Henry still on the not issue list :?: I thougt they were going to change their policy or are they waiting to get sued again?

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Confirmed: As of this afternoon, Henry County will not issue temporary renewal licenses.

:shakehead:

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
And no, that last post is not in jest. So far, not a single county has come off the list.

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
ber950 said:
Is Henry still on the not issue list :?: I thougt they were going to change their policy or are they waiting to get sued again?
You will note that the letter states only that one person can get his temporary license. Letter available here. http://georgiacarry.org/cms/?p=21

GCO is already going back to work on this issue in Henry County.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
MP, please add Forsyth Co. to the list of not issuing. I posted it somewhere else on the board and failed to also put it here.

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
kkennett said:
MP, please add Forsyth Co. to the list of not issuing. I posted it somewhere else on the board and failed to also put it here.
Done! Thanks.

To the rest of you, there are 140 counties left about which we have no idea whether they are issuing temporaries!

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Malum Prohibitum said:
To the rest of you, there are 140 counties left about which we have no idea whether they are issuing temporaries!
Anybody up for getting one or two members from each county and suing all 159?

:lol:

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Yes, I just decided that 5 minutes or so times 159 counties, plus the long distance charges, plus the fact that there are hundreds of registered forum members right here that live in each of these counties!

I have added your info both here and over at GCO.

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Kudos, mzmtg, but I have to say to evreyone that if every participant here would just call one, maybe two probate courts, this list would be complete!

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
UPDATED LIST of counties issuing temporary renewal licenses (added to the "not issuing" column):

NOT ISSUING

Appling
Bacon
Baker
Baldwin
Banks
Cherokee
Clayton
Cobb
Coweta
Dawson
DeKalb
Douglas
Fayette
Floyd
Forsyth
Fulton
Gwinnett
Henry
Meriwether
Rockdale
Spalding
Troup

ISSUING

Dougherty
Lee

If your county is not listed, it means that we do not know whether they are issuing temporary licenses. Please call and ask, then post the answer here so that we may add them to the list as issuing or not issuing temporary licenses.

All you have to do is say, "Hi. Are you issuing temporary renewal firearms licenses at the time of application for a five year renewal license?"

They will probably tell you there is no such thing as a renewal license anymore, in which case, you may want to ask, just to clarify, whether they will issue you a temporary license when you apply for another license.

Then post your answer (with the county) here. Thanks.

There are 24 counties listed, and 135 to go. If eeryone seeing this would call one, maybe two counties, the list would be complete in short order.

Contact info for every probate court is available by clicking here.

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Anybody wanting to help the cause but not quite sure what they can or should do, the above post is for you.

Not every good thing is accomplished by grandiose acts like arguing the Second Amendment in front of the Supreme Court or testifying before some Senate subcommittee. This is real stuff that requires real time and effort but assists in getting things changed for the better over the long run.

:righton:

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, I give up. I have had numerous conversations with the staff attorney for Cobb Probate; she really tried to help me but ultimately the judge will not budge. Who want's to sue them with me? Anybody know an attorney who will do it for the fun of it?

Cade

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Cade said:
OK, I give up. I have had numerous conversations with the staff attorney for Cobb Probate; she really tried to help me but ultimately the judge will not budge. Who want's to sue them with me? Anybody know an attorney who will do it for the fun of it?

Cade
Contact www.georgiacarry.org

101 - 120 of 296 Posts