TEMPORARY License

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

A temporary license shall issue for $1 fee if the Probate Judge does not actually know of any factor that would disqualify the applicant for a 5 year license.

As we know, some counties are running 6 months on the license (although maybe not so bad on renewals). Renewals are about to get longer, though, starting this month, as we are learning through sources associated with various Probate Courts (and posts here from forum members who have been told this by clerks at the Probate Court).

Has anybody been issued more than one temporary license while awaiting a renewal?

:?:

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Fulton Issued my co-worker two. However I see no authority to issue as second temp if your license has expired more than 90 days.

For example you let your GFL expire. You go the next month and renew pick up a temp and it runs out before your new one arrives. If I remember the temp can not be issued after 30 days.

3. Malum Prohibitum

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

MP, my quickly aging brain thinks it saw someone post here that he got multiple renewals. I've looked, but I can't find the post.

5. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Side question, my License expires early January...Can I and should I renew it in the next few weeks, or is it to far out...

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Taurus, you only can apply 90 days before it expires, but I would apply on the first day possible.

7. Malum Prohibitum