Temple-Inland, anti-gun???

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by ICP_Juggalo, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

What sparked this new post is the controversy going on over here in this thread Carroll County Commissioners ANTI GUN!!!. It appears that a real estate company, Temple-Inland, is trying to use the power of the county commission to set it's own laws. It just so happens that one of the commission's chairperson, Robert Barr, resigned from the commission after the ordinance was past and took a job at Temple-Inland. It just makes me wonder what other tactics this gestapo company is willing to take to enforce it's own rule of law on other counties and municpalities in the state. According to their website, they have other communities that are municipalities, so therefore they can set their own laws and such.

If there is any doubt as to whether or not they are anti-gun have alook at their property access permission slip. Notice the very first rule on the page. I would hate to see what their company policy is for employees, if it is this restrictive for its customers. I don't know what's worse; governments passing bad law or private corporations who think they are the government and try to use the power of government to enforce their own rule of law.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Wow...that's pretty incredible.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Number 1 is a little inconsistent with number 2, isn't it?

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Lots of weasel words there!

They have attempted to cover their asses in every way possible. Apparently, they don't like getting sued when people get hurt. They're certainly attempting to place the burden of staying safe on others.

There's no doubt where they stand regarding firearms!

Fortunately, I don't have to deal with them but I don't like the way they're trying to usurp state preemption on firearms regulations.

I wonder how much of this is legal? Of course, anyone who signs that release form is voluntarily agreeing to the prohibitions contained therein, so I guess if you don't like their rules, you just can't play in their sandbox.