Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that it is legal to carry there.
I plan on concealing for personal reasons.
Is there anything I should be aware of in reference to carry?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Rhodes said:
Is there anything I should be aware of in reference to carry?
If for some reason you are "discovered" carrying and are asked to leave, do so immediately!

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,316 Posts
Private property

Tellus still has their gun ban in place. Since the sign is near the entrance to the museum building itself, I assume leaving a weapon in your locked, parked car is O.K.
I asked the security staff there about whether it is private property or public, and they said "private."

Ok. Their property, their rules. I didn't carry inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The last time I went to Tellus, I was with my son's school group, so I left the gun in the car since I considered it a school function. The sign made me feel soooo safe.

My 10-year old son now comments on the fallacy of such signs when he sees them. He knows that the signs don't keep out criminals, and sees that it has the very real effect of disarming a person he trusts.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
If I ever visited there, I would just conceal carry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As of yesterday, Tellus Museum has the same signage and no screening at all. Lots of volunteers but never noticed uniformed security. Lots of cameras as you’d expect with such exhibits of that higher quality.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The times that we have gone there, I just carried concealed and didn't worry about it. If they had found out and asked me to leave, I would have.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
I've never been unarmed in any museum.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Don't try any in DC. They got some serious great stuff there but you won't get in armed.

Nemo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts