Teen Kills Self After Shooting Principal, Vice Principal...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ballcoach16, Jan 5, 2011.

1. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

I wonder if that principal is contemplating how his school is a "gun free zone" as he recovers.

2. ballcoach16

ballcoach16 Member

Guess those gun-free zones/safe school zones, once again, aren't as effective as some folks think. If the Principal or AP had been licensed, trained, and armed, there might have been only one person wounded, the 17 year old shooter. How much more of this must happen before lawmakers make the right decision to allow licensed, properly trained adults to conceal-carry firearms in soft locations like school/church?

3. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

There are still too many people running around saying: "If we just got rid of all the guns, there wouldn't be any crime". Trust me,......I know a few.

4. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

I noticed none of the articles went into any detail on where he got the gun. All the articles did mention that his father was a police detective, so the shooter might have had access even if the population was turned into future victims or not. This of course is the problem with the "get rid of the guns" cry as it just gives the bad guys more potential victims. Had the staff been armed, the outcome certainly could have been different for the victims and the shooter may have had second thoughts before going there in the first place. The staff could of at least had a chance to protect themselves and the students. All they could do was herd dozens of students into the kitchen for one stop shopping if that was his plan, which fortunately it wasn't.

5. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

:righton:

6. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Does anyone know how many firearms are stolen from police cars each year?

(I don't have the number -- I was wondering if anyone does)
    (The question is not intended to besmirch law enforcement)

7. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

http://www.ketv.com/news/26377630/detail.html
    Fixed quote.

8. Taurus92

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I doubt that would be easy to find. A quick search on Google for "number of weapons stolen from police" returns 4,950,000 hits. YMMV

9. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

the email I got concerning this event from one of my subscription sources indicates the firearm used was owned by his father...a law enforcement officer.

10. AV8R

AV8R Banned

What it may likely boil down to is that this kid was just 'effin crackers and he went out like a *****.

I'm left wondering if his parents noticed anything unusual about their son, or if they even paid much attention to him. Were there no warning signs?

11. Taurus92

I suspected that just because the articles avoided the question. It's a very sad situation.

12. Taurus92

I think he had just switched schools which may indicate a problem.

13. IrishTiger

IrishTiger Active Member

I switched schools a lot growing up, because of moving, or being "re-districted" or by my choosing. Granted some were tough, I wasn't ever distraught over it.

Back in (I think 1998) I was called into the principals office because I MENTIONED a .44 magnum to a friend and some sissy schoolgirl overheard me and got nervous. We were talking about a dirty harry movie, I remember to this day. The two principals made her give me an apology!! Idiot.

14. seereus

seereus Active Member

Rep James Moran (D) on the house floor moments ago:

In regards to this shooting, to paraphrase

There are way to many guns available to children, and we need to do something about all the guns.

15. EmergencyNrse

EmergencyNrse Member

Naaah, we need to do something about the House floor.

16. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Fixed it to how it should be. You shouldn't be required to have a license or training to exercise your rkba and protect yourself.

17. mountainpass

Vice-Principal has died.

Young man possibly had run-ins with police in other town, maybe synthetic marijuana involved. The weapon was the service weapon of his father a Glock .40.

18. mountainpass

7 shots fired could hold 15(22)
    Extra mag found in car. I'm watching the live news conference. http://www.ketv.com/video/26389898/detail.html

Edit: He was expelled eariler in the day and was walked out by a security guard, a different one was on duty when he came back.