Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess those gun-free zones/safe school zones, once again, aren't as effective as some folks think. If the Principal or AP had been licensed, trained, and armed, there might have been only one person wounded, the 17 year old shooter. How much more of this must happen before lawmakers make the right decision to allow licensed, properly trained adults to conceal-carry firearms in soft locations like school/church?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,594 Posts
There are still too many people running around saying: "If we just got rid of all the guns, there wouldn't be any crime". Trust me,......I know a few.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,458 Posts
CountryGun said:
There are still too many people running around saying: "If we just got rid of all the guns, there wouldn't be any crime". Trust me,......I know a few.
I noticed none of the articles went into any detail on where he got the gun. All the articles did mention that his father was a police detective, so the shooter might have had access even if the population was turned into future victims or not. This of course is the problem with the "get rid of the guns" cry as it just gives the bad guys more potential victims. Had the staff been armed, the outcome certainly could have been different for the victims and the shooter may have had second thoughts before going there in the first place. The staff could of at least had a chance to protect themselves and the students. All they could do was herd dozens of students into the kitchen for one stop shopping if that was his plan, which fortunately it wasn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,594 Posts
Taurus92 said:
CountryGun said:
There are still too many people running around saying: "If we just got rid of all the guns, there wouldn't be any crime". Trust me,......I know a few.
I noticed none of the articles went into any detail on where he got the gun. All the articles did mention that his father was a police detective, so the shooter might have had access even if the population was turned into future victims or not. This of course is the problem with the "get rid of the guns" cry as it just gives the bad guys more potential victims. Had the staff been armed, the outcome certainly could have been different for the victims and the shooter may have had second thoughts before going there in the first place. The staff could of at least had a chance to protect themselves and the students. All they could do was herd dozens of students into the kitchen for one stop shopping if that was his plan, which fortunately it wasn't.
:righton:
 

·
Junior Butt Warmer
Joined
·
46,427 Posts
Taurus92 said:
All the articles did mention that his father was a police detective, so the shooter might have had access even if the population was turned into future victims or not.
Does anyone know how many firearms are stolen from police cars each year?

(I don't have the number -- I was wondering if anyone does)
(The question is not intended to besmirch law enforcement)
 

·
Under Scrutiny
Joined
·
19,386 Posts
http://www.ketv.com/news/26377630/detail.html
Butler posted the following statement on his Facebook page on Wednesday:

"Everybody that used to know me, I'm sorry, but Omaha changed me and (expletive) me up and the school I now attend is even worse. You are going to hear about the evil (expletive) I did, but that (expletive) school drove me to this. I want you guys to remember me for who I was before this. I know I greatly affected the lives of the families I ruined, but I'm sorry. Goodbye."
Fixed quote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,458 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
Taurus92 said:
All the articles did mention that his father was a police detective, so the shooter might have had access even if the population was turned into future victims or not.
Does anyone know how many firearms are stolen from police cars each year?

(I don't have the number -- I was wondering if anyone does)
(The question is not intended to besmirch law enforcement)
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I doubt that would be easy to find. A quick search on Google for "number of weapons stolen from police" returns 4,950,000 hits. YMMV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,667 Posts
the email I got concerning this event from one of my subscription sources indicates the firearm used was owned by his father...a law enforcement officer.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,624 Posts
What it may likely boil down to is that this kid was just 'effin crackers and he went out like a pussy.

I'm left wondering if his parents noticed anything unusual about their son, or if they even paid much attention to him. Were there no warning signs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,458 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
the email I got concerning this event from one of my subscription sources indicates the firearm used was owned by his father...a law enforcement officer.
I suspected that just because the articles avoided the question. It's a very sad situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,458 Posts
AV8R said:
What it may likely boil down to is that this kid was just 'effin crackers and he went out like a pussy.

I'm left wondering if his parents noticed anything unusual about their son, or if they even paid much attention to him. Were there no warning signs?
I think he had just switched schools which may indicate a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
Taurus92 said:
AV8R said:
What it may likely boil down to is that this kid was just 'effin crackers and he went out like a pussy.

I'm left wondering if his parents noticed anything unusual about their son, or if they even paid much attention to him. Were there no warning signs?
I think he had just switched schools which may indicate a problem.
I switched schools a lot growing up, because of moving, or being "re-districted" or by my choosing. Granted some were tough, I wasn't ever distraught over it.

Back in (I think 1998) I was called into the principals office because I MENTIONED a .44 magnum to a friend and some sissy schoolgirl overheard me and got nervous. We were talking about a dirty harry movie, I remember to this day. The two principals made her give me an apology!! Idiot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,236 Posts
Rep James Moran (D) on the house floor moments ago:

In regards to this shooting, to paraphrase

There are way to many guns available to children, and we need to do something about all the guns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
seereus said:
Rep James Moran (D) on the house floor moments ago:

There are way to many guns available to children, and we need to do something about all the guns.
Naaah, we need to do something about the House floor.
 

·
Senior Mumbler
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
ballcoach16 said:
Guess those gun-free zones/safe school zones, once again, aren't as effective as some folks think. If the Principal or AP had been[s:2cfort80]licensed, trained, and[/s:2cfort80] armed, there might have been only one person wounded, the 17 year old shooter. How much more of this must happen before lawmakers make the right decision to allow [s:2cfort80]licensed, properly trained[/s:2cfort80] adults to conceal-carry firearms in soft locations like school/church?
Fixed it to how it should be. You shouldn't be required to have a license or training to exercise your rkba and protect yourself.
 

·
Under Scrutiny
Joined
·
19,386 Posts
Vice-Principal has died.

Young man possibly had run-ins with police in other town, maybe synthetic marijuana involved. The weapon was the service weapon of his father a Glock .40.
 

·
Under Scrutiny
Joined
·
19,386 Posts
7 shots fired could hold 15(22)
Extra mag found in car. I'm watching the live news conference. http://www.ketv.com/video/26389898/detail.html

Edit: He was expelled eariler in the day and was walked out by a security guard, a different one was on duty when he came back.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top