Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Re: Teen Beaten to Death at House Party

They'll be crying all over their new cells. Some tough guys.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

They'll be tried as adults which is a good thing. Two are eighteen years and one is 19 years, I believe from the article.

I sure hope the sisters will make them feel right at home in prison, if convicted of their alleged crime.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts

20 years ago, that jogger in NYC's Central Park was beaten nearly to death by a pack of feral teenage boys from da hood. They said it was called "wilding." Just go crazy and do extreme violence upon random strangers for no reason, other than the thrill of being a wild dangerous animal in the middle of the city.
Britian has a problem with this too, but their punks kill fewer people than our urban youth do.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

gunsmoker said:
20 years ago, that jogger in NYC's Central Park was beaten nearly to death by a pack of feral teenage boys from da hood. They said it was called "wilding." Just go crazy and do extreme violence upon random strangers for no reason, other than the thrill of being a wild dangerous animal in the middle of the city.
Britian has a problem with this too, but their punks kill fewer people than our urban youth do.
Wrong wrong wrong. :shakehead:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Pa ... ns_vacated
No DNA evidence tied the suspects to the crime, so the prosecution's case rested almost entirely on the confessions.
The jogger was attacked by one man. The teens were forced to confess.

·
Registered
944 Posts

WoodandSteel said:
There were over 50 witnesses. Nobody tried to intervene?!
What's up with that? I am pretty sure I would at least call the police, more than 50 people just sat and watched this happen, then apparently left him for dead.

·
Registered
308 Posts

WoodandSteel said:
Nobody tried to intervene?!
Would you have jumped in against that pack if you were one of the teens watching?

They'd be interviewing your mother on the news this morning too.

·
Registered
181 Posts

I sincerely hope each of the perps is executed for his actions. None of them have any right to exist on this planet. Four guys beating up one scrawny kid for no reason at all? They sure weren't showing their toughness. Bunch of cowards is what they are.

·
Banned
2,559 Posts

RickN said:
WoodandSteel said:
Would you have jumped in against that pack if you were one of the teens watching?

YES!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,974 Posts

18 year-olds really do need the legal ability to carry a handgun in some form (not saying the man that was murdered would have been carrying legally if he could have, I have no way of knowing that) by being able to obtain some sort of GWL or by open carry, etc.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

RickN said:
WoodandSteel said:

The sound of a .45 makes a very good disperse signal.

·
Registered
308 Posts

RIA45 said:
RickN said:
WoodandSteel said:

While that is true, I don't know what that has to do with the group of bystanders here. I don't recall any weapons being present from the news coverage.

Or are you saying, that as a teen, you carried a .45 illegally and would have used it in this situation?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

RickN said:
RIA45 said:
RickN said:
WoodandSteel said:

While that is true, I don't know what that has to do with the group of bystanders here. I don't recall any weapons being present from the news coverage.

Or are you saying, that as a teen, you carried a .45 illegally and would have used it in this situation?
I was replying to the question "Would you have jumped..." I, as the you in this question, am not a teen.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts

RickN said:
RIA45 said:
RickN said:
WoodandSteel said:

You know that in some other states 18 year-olds can legally carry handguns (and even in a few limited situations here in GA) right?

·
Registered
308 Posts

RIA45 said:
RickN said:
RIA45 said:
RickN said:
WoodandSteel said:

I was replying to the question "Would you have jumped..." I, as the you in this question, am not a teen.
I asked the question : Would you have jumped in against that pack if you were one of the teens watching?

So you is not 'you, the armed adult with years of experience', but 'you, the seventeen year old partygoer'.

The gist of my question was in response to the 'why did no one help' comments. You being one of the teens present -- and responding like a teenager would -- was the whole point. I can completely understand why some teenager wasn't quick to jump into a 4-on-1 beating.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts