Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
link
At around 9 p.m., the student, whose name has not been released, was stuck in the head as he removed items from the back seat of his car, parked on Hunnicutt Street near the Centennial Place Apartments, Atlanta police say.
bold added

Two men, armed with handguns, made off with the students' wallet and cell phone. They escaped on foot just as an Atlanta police officer, making his rounds on the Tech campus, approached the scene, APD spokesman Curtis Davenport said.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Just three weeks ago, two students were forced to strip naked as thieves robbed their residence on Ethel Street in the Home Park neighborhood. The home invasion occurred around 10 p.m. -- roughly the same time of Sunday's armed robbery.

And during one week this past April, students were targeted in three separate crimes on or near the Tech campus.
And this is down 18%?

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
Hey look everyone!!!! Another gun free zone, ripe for all criminal activities. :banghead: :banghead:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Channel 5 reported that he was parking off-campus(he lives in the dorms) as he didn't have a parking permit($600 a year).

·
Registered
945 Posts
If those kids could carry weapons and I could come there and teach them all of that crap would stop.

I would have those students so squared away all of those stick up kids would be taking dirt naps.

I am so serious give me one good week with them.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Why aren't students arming themselves more, within the scope of the law? The guys robbed in their home could likely have had a weapon. The fella stabbed could've had a firearm in his car, 18 thru 20 years of age if he owned it, and anyone 21 and over.

Sure, we want students to be able to carry, and I think all of us would agree that should be extended to 18 year old's. That day will come!

You can bet, if I had a son or daughter attending GT, my kids would have access to something to defend themselves with in their car or home!

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
hopefully any witnesses that saw it would come forward and work with the police to catch the bandit

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
mountainpass said:
Channel 5 reported that he was parking off-campus(he lives in the dorms) as he didn't have a parking permit($600 a year).
holllly crap...and to think i might start parking off campus over 10$

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Georgia Tech parking is expensive. I was actually just down there Friday and parked off campus in home park to return to my car at around 8:20 pm :shock:

I hope that some witnesses come forward soon on this one.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I believe the author's intent was to write STRUCK.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
smn said:
:wink:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
At this point I'm sure the AJC has the words "Georgia Tech Student Robbed At Gunpoint" as a Ctrl command. Just press "ctrl+V+GT" for a variation of the headline. :righton:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
mountainpass said:
smn said:
:wink:
I guess I'm really old-fashioned.
Back in the day, news reporters were expected to report FACTS,
editorial writers were to spout OPINIONS, and both were supposed
to be able to spell simple words.

"It's the thought that counts" should be limited to giving gifts to people you don't really like all that much.

Not that I've never made a mistake, of course. But then again, I don't have a degree in Journalism.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts