Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to catch 4 teardrop tattoos on my neighbor's face today. Doesn't that mean that you've killed someone in prison?

I mean I know rappers are now doing it just to look cool or hard, or whatever, but doesn't that lend itself to gang or prison activity?

I already know he's been arrested before, and I know for a fact he sells drugs to all types of shady people across the street, but when I saw the teardrops, it took me back a bit.

I always guessed he and his friends were probably not good news when they would come from across the street, but now that one of them may have killed men in prison... I just don't know what to think. Kind of scary.

Glad I've got my wife a carry weapon for when I can't be here. Geeze.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
remember.... condition 1......

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Lots of people wear their pants down around their asses because they've been to prison and been issued ill-fitting clothes, others wear them that way because it's "the look."
Some people used to wear gloves on their left hands, it didn't mean they could sing, just that they could imitate a certain singer.
Some people have "TCOB" patches because they're just bad-arses, some have it because they wanna look like bad-asses.

My opinion is if someone wants to look dangerous, or like a gang-banger, or like a preppie, gardener, or executive, then I'm going to treat them like they should deserve. You may not Be what you want to look like, but no one dresses like they Don't want to be treated as.

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts
Two to the body...

Two to the head...

·
Registered
677 Posts
He got them after realizing that he effed up voting for Obama.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think it's supposed to mean that they've killed someone, not necessarily in prison.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
From wikipedia:

This tattoo originated with Chicano gangs in California.[1] The meaning was that the wearer had killed someone. Since then, the meaning of the tattoo has, "strayed from its gang roots and is open to meanings."[2] Now, there are various meanings and variations of the teardrop tattoo, which can symbolize losing a loved one or spending time in prison.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
dcannon1 said:
From wikipedia:

This tattoo originated with Chicano gangs in California.[1] The meaning was that the wearer had killed someone. Since then, the meaning of the tattoo has, "strayed from its gang roots and is open to meanings."[2] Now, there are various meanings and variations of the teardrop tattoo, which can symbolize losing a loved one or spending time in prison.
That's what I thought too. That the tear drops symbolized time in prison..not necessarily killing someone. I know a couple of ex cons that have them that have never killed anyone.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, so your guess is he probably has done say 4 years in prison or something? He probably has never actually killed anyone?

To be honest, that is a bit of a relief. I'm still always on my guard, though. I always open carry even when heading out to the mail box.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
EJR914 said:
Ok, so your guess is he probably has done say 4 years in prison or something? He probably has never actually killed anyone?

To be honest, that is a bit of a relief. I'm still always on my guard, though. I always open carry even when heading out to the mail box.
Or maybe 4 of his friends have died or are doing time. Or maybe he's just trying to look like a hard @**

·
Registered
934 Posts
Do like we do out in the country. Take over a freshly baked, hot apple pie, and ask him. :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
EJR914 said:

My .02...be wary of everyone, teardrops on the face or not. I bet there's more people around with criminal histories that don't have teardrop tattoos than those that do. :righton:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
Is it wrong to include tattood teardrops on someone's face among the list of factors that you consider when evaluating somebody as a possible threat to you?
Suppose you're being confronted with somebody but they haven't produced a deadly weapon (yet) but they're threatening you and intimidating you and you're considering pulling your gun.

Does it matter if they have the kind of tattoos that are associated with convicts and killers?
Does it matter if they have other tattoos that indicate they are outlaws who give the middle finger to society and reject the morals and values of polite society?

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't and shouldn't matter if they had "normal" type tattoos-- an anchor on the shoulder of some Navy vet. A heart with a girlfreind's initials on their arm.

But if you go out of your way to make sure that when you appear in public, you look intimidating and threatening to decent people, I think it's fair that they treat you with more caution. And sometimes that might mean putting a bullet in your stupid ass under conditions that would NOT have been justified if you had been well-dressed, clean-cut, and no weird tattoos.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
EJR914 said:

He might just be a really SENSITIVE type of guy who is showing that he understands you pain and is willing to cry with you. :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts