Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SO is starting an Eddie the Eagle program at a couple of local schools.

They were trying to decide who should teach it when my Sgt. said, "Hey, stevethecat knows more about guns than anybody else in the department, we should get him to teach it."

Normally i don't do volunteer work for my job, but i take any chance i can to teach people gun safety anyway.

From what ive heard of this program it has is no bias one way or the other about guns.

Wish me luck.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,109 Posts
Good luck !

It's a good program.

And it gives you an oppourtunity to do follow-up questions about guns in general (I'm sure the kids will have lots of questions for the "gun expert").
So you can give them useful information that's not slanted against the Second Amendment.

Win-Win. Thanks for doing it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
gunsmoker said:
it gives you an oppourtunity to do follow-up questions about guns in general (I'm sure the kids will have lots of questions for the "gun expert").
So you can give them useful information that's not slanted against the Second Amendment.

+1

Good luck!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gunsmoker said:
Good luck !

It's a good program.

And it gives you an oppourtunity to do follow-up questions about guns in general (I'm sure the kids will have lots of questions for the "gun expert").

Im hoping they do. Im not supposed to change to program any, but questions that they ask are free game.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
stevethecat said:
gunsmoker said:
Good luck !

It's a good program.

Im hoping they do. Im not supposed to change to program any, but questions that they ask are free game.
Just don't push an agenda, that's not what Eddie Eagle is about. You don't want to risk jeopardizing a valuable program because some anti parent says their kid heard this or that during the program.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
It's a great program, and pretty easy to teach. I recommend obtaining the curriculim guides for the two targeted age groups if you don't already have them, and either order the DVD or show it from YouTube as part of your presentation. Both of these will make delivering the content much easier.

Rugerer, thanks for posting the link to my "Kids and Guns" thread. I've had to move the hosting of the video, and it can now be found here: http://www.itvaluechallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/kidsgunsafety.swf. This talk is for the parents rather than the kids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts